Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Having come to the brink of buying the Mini on several occasions now, I believe my greatest holdback...after already owning an iPad 4 & iPhone 5, is the very noticeable slowness of the Mini compared to those devices.

I love the size & weight advantage...but when they bump up the CPU I'll buy one, even if its not a retina display.

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
Having come to the brink of buying the Mini on several occasions now, I believe my greatest holdback...after already owning an iPad 4 & iPhone 5, is the very noticeable slowness of the Mini compared to those devices.

I love the size & weight advantage...but when they bump up the CPU I'll buy one, even if its not a retina display.

I have a mini and iphone 5. Notice little to no difference in speed.

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I had the iPad mini for a week or so. The display on the mini didn't bother me at all but I couldn't get over how much slower it was to the iPad 4. At first it didn't bother me but as I tried to do AirPlay and different web pages, it felt like sometimes it was hanging. Did the typical restore-reinstall stuff and finally went to the Applestore to have them take a look at it. While there, I did side by side comparisons and WOW! There was no competition. The iPad 4 blew the mini away in page rendering, etc. I returned the iPad mini, and got the iPad 4. My eyes thanked me. My wrists are still missing the iPad mini and hoping we get back together. Lol

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
Ok, loaded it up on both 2 and 3, after comparing them for a few minutes, I realized I had gotten then mixed up and had to look up the serial numbers to determine which was which. :p

So, sorry, I'm not seeing any difference in picture quality.

When I look at an iPad 2, I am immediately struck by the apparent pixelization compared to my iPad 4. I couldn't get them mixed up. So it depends on the person. I didn't even consider the mini since it doesn't have Retina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.