Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bitcloudrzr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Trying to get Windows 8 installed, downloaded the software and Bootcamp Assistant throws it on the USB drive. Formatting goes ok and the compute restarts fine as well. The Windows 8 logo shows up and the system freezes. I have left the Mac on for about 30 minutes and nothing. USB drive was left in the slot and the only other thing that was connected is my mouse.

I'm using the Macbook Pro 15 Late 2011 model on Mavericks, but I had the same issue on Mountain Lion. Back when Windows 8 originally came out I did have it installed, but I changed hard drives a couple months after that. Windows 7 does install and run properly as well. Even when I try to upgrade from Windows 7, it freezes in the same spot.

bitcloudrzr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I've tried it with nothing and I've tried it with just the Bootcamp driver usb in there. Nothing is working and it just hangs right at the initial load. Really strange that Windows 7 works fine and this doesn't when it used to. I don't know if there are any other drivers or fixes I should be loading on the usb drive before booting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.