Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfs123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
Hi there, I'm developing that is grabbing jpegs from parse then placing them inside of a tableview. But whenever I scroll through the table view it lags. I have figured out that this lagging is because I'm sending to many requests.

What I would like to do is send one request when the app launches, download the images then place them in the UITableView. Here is the code where the problem is occurring:

Code:
- (UITableViewCell *)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath object:(PFObject *)object {
    static NSString *CellIdentifier = @"cell";

feedCell *cell = [tableView dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier:CellIdentifier];
    if (cell == nil) {
        cell = [[feedCell alloc] initWithStyle:UITableViewCellStyleSubtitle reuseIdentifier:CellIdentifier];
    }

// Add the user's name
    cell.userName.text = [object objectForKey:@"name"];
    // Add the amount of likes
    cell.likes.text = [ NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@", [object objectForKey:@"Likes"]];

PFFile *thumbnail = [object objectForKey:@"imageFile"];

PFImageView *pfimg = [[PFImageView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(30, 27, 260, 260)];

//   
//this is where the problem is happening:
//

[B]    [thumbnail getDataInBackgroundWithBlock:^(NSData *data, NSError *error) {
        if (!error) {
            UIImage *image = [UIImage imageWithData:data];
            pfimg.image = image;
            [pfimg loadInBackground];
            NSLog(@"No Error");
        }else{
            NSLog(@"Error: %@",error);
        }
    }];
[/B]    

cell.selectionStyle = UITableViewCellSelectionStyleNone;
    [cell addSubview:pfimg];
    return cell;
}

thank you so much!

~Will

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
Also checkout NSOperationQueues. They allow you to limit the number of concurrent operations (Downloads).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.