Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThemacNub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Australia
When dealing with larger photos and pdfs preview tends to become very laggy. Does anyone have any other alternatives that they can recommend?

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
PDF Pen from Smile.

I'm not happy with this product, I got the pro version for my iMac and the PDFpen on the iPad. Previously, I was using Skim (free on the Mac and very good) and Good Reader on my iPad (also very good), I just thought having two products from the same company might be more similar to each other and work together better, than two separate products. However, the version on my iPad keeps crashing when I try highlighting, it's completely unusable. The version on my iMac is displaying blank pages sometimes, which aren't displayed in Skim (Skim displays them properly). I've gone back to using Good Reader and Skim, at least until they update the PDFpen products to actually work for me.

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
There is always Adobe Reader, the "original", so to speak. :) Preview does the job splendidly for me, so I really don't know how Reader performs in OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.