Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intothepolis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Pandora
I have my gmail accounts in Apple Mail set up as IMAP. That was the automatic setting. The outgoing mail servers keep going offline for all of my Gmail accounts. This prevents me from sending emails! Ugh. I have tried deleting all the gmail accounts and re adding them to Apple Mail. It works for about a day and all the outgoing mail servers go offline again. Does anyone have a fix or know why this is happening? Thank you for any help!

coffee-snob

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
I'm having issues with Macmail and gmail too.

I often sit down at my MBP and look down at my mail to find i have no new messages, but when i log into the actual gmail website, I find i have several new emails! I have my mac mail set to check for mail every five minutes but it just doesn't seem to work.

It's getting a bit annoying because I love mac mail and would rather use it than the gmail website.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I have my gmail accounts in Apple Mail set up as IMAP. That was the automatic setting. The outgoing mail servers keep going offline for all of my Gmail accounts. This prevents me from sending emails! Ugh. I have tried deleting all the gmail accounts and re adding them to Apple Mail. It works for about a day and all the outgoing mail servers go offline again. Does anyone have a fix or know why this is happening? Thank you for any help!

What are the SMTP servers for your Gmail accounts?

nemrod

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2008
I also have problems with multiple Gmail account on mac Mail.

In my case, from time to time, the SMTP password of one of the account is deleted, the account is considered as "disconnected" ann mail use another account to send the mail.

I've spent hours with Apple Care, level 2 mainly, they don't know how to fix it, nothing they asked me to do is working.

Nemrod

wyldgrl

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
I also have multiple Gmail accounts in Mail and about a month back, 3 of the 4 Gmail accounts keep "going offline" so that my mail is sent from the only "online" account (which is not necessarily from the specific Gmail address I want to send the mail from). So Mail is sending emails from my personal Gmail Address, when it should be sending it from the business Gmail Address, which is very frustrating!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.