Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
MOD NOTE:

There has been a series of "remember this game?" type threads. More eyes might see them if we keep this type of post in a single thread.

B

Daxeria

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
Yes yes yes yes. It is exactly like you said.

Could not find any in those link. If only I could know the name of the game...

More info I can think of.

-All levels were randomly constructed, like the map of Diablo.
-No music. Only sound effect
-The game was sci-fi RPG. No magic whatsoever.
-There was an enemy robot named "sentinel".
-The first level was full of bats.
-The game was turn-based, but enemy can hit twice if it is much faster.
-The early levels had a fearsome enemy name "red fang" (or --- fang I could not remember) It had a poisonous attack. The character will die instantly if after defeating it and eat it.
- There were many types of guns, i.e., pistol, big pistol, laser gun, or even a laser rifle.
- The deeper level had a poisonous swamp. Need a "bio suit" to walk without harm.

Thanks a million for anyone's help.

Mission: Thunderbolt?

olster1

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Help me find this old Mac game from the late 80s -90s

So I have been trying to find the name of this game I used to play as a kid on our old mac. I have no idea what mac it was but I know it was black and white. It was around the same time that I was playing Shufflepuck Café (see the video 1:25 mark) so this should give you an idea of the age and era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLaOxOlh0RA

The only things I can remember about the game are as follows:
*I think it was an adventure game or RPG or dungeon castle type game.
*I think it had large maps/dungeons as my dad had a huge file filled with the printed maps.
*It was black and white
*You played from a top down view
*either when you died or entered a new room, Mozarts Requiem Dies Irae would play (the first 10 seconds or so.... see the video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaARDsiJv4

If any of you guys have any ideas please post. When I found the video for Shufflepuck Café my heart melted with nostalgia.

Cheers guys.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
There is Dark Castle, but that is not top down, and has the Beethoven's 9th in the start.

TaskMaker is top down, but i don't think there is music

RecycleBin

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2012
I've been trying to remember this game we played on the old colored iMacs at school. The logo was a yellow diamond and it had a face sort of thing in it I think. It had a variety of math games and I can remember a Kangaroo that you could make say anything.

thanks

this one sounds kinda like Treasure Mathstorm?

HooRide

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2003
Monterey, CA
Help me identify a late 90's mac game.

I've been trying to figure out the name of a late 90's mac game I played on my Performa. Pretty sure I got the demo from the bundled CD that came with my monthly MacAddict subscription.

All I remember was a '3d' office (maybe government) environment. You had a pistol and were trying to escape a hostile group that had infested the building.

Anyone?

HooRide

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2003
Monterey, CA

divamatt

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
I remember playing this game when I was younger, on the original iMac, I probably played it somewhere between 1998 - 2002? It was a shooter game, and the main character was dressed in all black, and looked like their head was fairly triangular. You could jump off things and glide at times, and had a little gun on your right hand. There was a weird little decoy thing you could deploy at times as well.

I can't for the life of me remember the name, but I wouldn't mind checking it out again!

Please let me know.

MDK is the game you're looking for, I believe.

thought someone had answered this one before, but didn't see it in the replies.

fille1000

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2004
Help identifying this old Mac game

I've been googling like crazy but cannot find it in any lists of classic mac games.

The game consists of a grid with a kind of labyrinth, where your character and the computers character is placed randomly at the start.

The game is turn based and you play your turn by specifying what you character should do, for example go two steps forward and shoot your gun to the left. When you are done the characters plays out their moves at the same time. The goal is to kill the opponent by outsmarting their moves.
You could also choose from different types of bullets, like explosive bullets, and maybe even other weapons to.

As i remember the game is black and white, and the characters looks kind of like stick figures.

We played it around 1996-97 I think, at the same time we played bubble trouble and worms 1.

Any help is appreciated!

The "Dude"

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
This game certainly isn't what you're talking about, but it sure sounds like a 2012 version of it. Check it out, it's got great reviews.

http://www.frozensynapse.com

EDIT: They merged this thread as I was responding. fille1000, this was for you.

Duardo

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
Trying to find an old Mac game..

I remember playing it as a kid. It was in the mid 1990s. All I remember about it was that it was a puzzle type game and a guy kept getting locked in rooms and had to find a key or keys to get to the next room. There were always obstacles in the way too, so it was tricky getting certain keys.

From playing on a few macs back in the day, this seemed to be a rather common game.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Jumpman?

images

Duardo

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
Thanks for looking, but no.

The background was white and it seemed like there were blocks, though I might be confusing two things. There was color though.

This might have been on Windows 3.1 actually.

*Sigh* Sorry I can't be more helpful. It was a long time ago :/

savvos

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
Lode Runner? The Mac version I had was black and white, but it is a little older than the time frame you are thinking of.

Scarab of Ra was another game with rooms and keys, but also older.

kitbit

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2013
Does anyone remember this game?

Trying to remember the name of a game from the early 90's, a very early multiplayer networked game we played on our iMacs (possibly before but I remember it as being in colour)...

It was very blocky but in a 3D environment, you were a vehicle or character with long stilt-like legs and you moved around trying to fire at the other players. It was very simple and linear....and I can't remember the name! Google hasn't shown anything up yet. Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks in advance! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.