Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Please take a look at the following image, there's NO music in it.
iPhone+5+%286.0.2%29.jpg

Please take a look at the following image from "About", it confirms there are ZERO music.
About.jpg

Take a look at the following image of my iTunes. I have selected my iPhone and what music is in it. It shows that there are supposedly "unysnced" music.
iPhone+5+%3E+Music.jpg

However, if you look at the following image, I have unchecked the "Sync Music" check box under the Music tab when iPhone 5 is selected.
iPhone+5+%3E+Music+tab.jpg

I am not sure how this happen but I do know that I have experienced this since I got my iPhone 4S. A brief history is that my old iPhone 4S has got to be replaced hence I backed up everything using iCloud. When I got the replacement, I just sign into iCloud and everything is set up for me just that I have got to sync my music and that's when I realised these "unsynced music".

This carries foward to when I replace my iPhone 4S with iPhone 5. I also backed up everything using iCloud and have it set up my iPhone 5.

It ain't really affecting anything but it's just bothering/irritating me.

Please help!

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Do you have any podcasts on?? My iPad was confusing me with this sorta thing but then I realised I had a few podcasts in the podcasts app that were being counted.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Do you have any podcasts on?? My iPad was confusing me with this sorta thing but then I realised I had a few podcasts in the podcasts app that were being counted.

nope. zero podcast on both itunes library and iphone.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
nope. zero podcast on both itunes library and iphone.

hmm,I don't know what that symbol to the left of the song means, but maybe try syncing those exact songs onto the phone, then deleting them (via itunes sync) and they might disappear from there?

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
hmm,I don't know what that symbol to the left of the song means, but maybe try syncing those exact songs onto the phone, then deleting them (via itunes sync) and they might disappear from there?

If I am not wrong they are the "syncing" symbol. When the music start syncing, black will fill it up, and when it's done syncing, the symbol will disappear.

I have done that, but it merrily just add a new entry below it without the symbol. Those music with the symbol beside are like "grey out"

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
If I am not wrong they are the "syncing" symbol. When the music start syncing, black will fill it up, and when it's done syncing, the symbol will disappear.

I have done that, but it merrily just add a new entry below it without the symbol. Those music with the symbol beside are like "grey out"

I would say try restoring, but maybe someone else will be able to help on here?

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I would say try restoring, but maybe someone else will be able to help on here?

I am not really keen at restoring, doing so I will still be using iCloud to set up everything and it will be the same problem

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Isn't it more of an iTunes issue on the computer? Perhaps there is a corrupted prefs or library file or something.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Isn't it more of an iTunes issue on the computer? Perhaps there is a corrupted prefs or library file or something.
iPad, iPod touch, iPod nano all is fine

----------

I had this happen once, had to do a restore but it fixed the issue.
Yea that will definitely solve the problem. I can't imagine doing a restore without using iCloud to set up again. It's gonna be a nightmare

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Ok, what are the status of the songs shown in your screenshots in the Music section of iTunes? Are they present? This might shine more light on your situation...If the iCloud status symbol is the same as your screenshots, this is solvable too...
Secondly, try syncing a playlist (use a short one, or just create one with 3 or 4 songs for this purpose) to the iphone, by ticking that box and let the music transfer to your phone. Disconnect it from iTunes. Check only if the synced songs are present. If so, reconnect to iTunes, untick the Music sync box and this will delete the music from the phone. Disconnect. Reconnect, check if the situation is the same....let me know

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ok, what are the status of the songs shown in your screenshots in the Music section of iTunes? Are they present? This might shine more light on your situation...If the iCloud status symbol is the same as your screenshots, this is solvable too...
Secondly, try syncing a playlist (use a short one, or just create one with 3 or 4 songs for this purpose) to the iphone, by ticking that box and let the music transfer to your phone. Disconnect it from iTunes. Check only if the synced songs are present. If so, reconnect to iTunes, untick the Music sync box and this will delete the music from the phone. Disconnect. Reconnect, check if the situation is the same....let me know
The status of my songs in the screenshot that you have seen is "greyout". The music section is located under the iPhone 5.

If you are referring to the music in my iTunes Library Music section, then it is black, present and clickable.

Dun really understand what you mean by iCloud status symbol, but if you talking about the addition of the iCloud symbol column in the new iTunes 11, then nothing is displayed there.

Did that before. same situation

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
The status of my songs in the screenshot that you have seen is "greyout". The music section is located under the iPhone 5.

If you are referring to the music in my iTunes Library Music section, then it is black, present and clickable.

Dun really understand what you mean by iCloud status symbol, but if you talking about the addition of the iCloud symbol column in the new iTunes 11, then nothing is displayed there.

Did that before. same situation

I was referring to your iTunes Library Music section, but if the same songs are there, the file is on the computer and they play, that's fine.
Did you try the syncing a short playlist method?
Have you tried going to Usage on the iPhone and make sure there is no data in the Music app, if so, delete it.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I was referring to your iTunes Library Music section, but if the same songs are there, the file is on the computer and they play, that's fine.
Did you try the syncing a short playlist method?
Have you tried going to Usage on the iPhone and make sure there is no data in the Music app, if so, delete it.
yes the file are physically there

Yes i did, basically on the iphone it just shows the 3 songs i synced from the playlist. but in itunes, under iphone 5 > music section, it will show the 3 songs that is black and the it will still display the those greyout "unsynced" songs u see in photo 3.

There's no data.

Not sure if this helps. all those greyout songs are songs that have been purchased from itunes not songs that i added in myself. but I have bought more songs on itunes, but not all of them are in those "unsynced" songs that u see

fyi, when i check the 'manually manage music and videos" option, i can actually delete those unsynced songs, but as soon as i click sync again, it will reappear.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
yes the file are physically there

Yes i did, basically on the iphone it just shows the 3 songs i synced from the playlist. but in itunes, under iphone 5 > music section, it will show the 3 songs that is black and the it will still display the those greyout "unsynced" songs u see in photo 3.

There's no data.

Not sure if this helps. all those greyout songs are songs that have been purchased from itunes not songs that i added in myself. but I have bought more songs on itunes, but not all of them are in those "unsynced" songs that u see

fyi, when i check the 'manually manage music and videos" option, i can actually delete those unsynced songs, but as soon as i click sync again, it will reappear.

Perhaps you could delete the files from iTunes totally, see if they are gone in the iPhone music section, and then re-download from iTunes.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
don't think i did. how to check?

keep a copy of these 'problem' songs in a folder somewhere just to have. In iTunes, go to purchased on the right side and find these songs then delete them by clicking on the X on the top left corner. Do this for these songs only and see if the issue remains. Also, check the iTunes app on the iPhone and look for any downloads that may be stuck there.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
keep a copy of these 'problem' songs in a folder somewhere just to have. In iTunes, go to purchased on the right side and find these songs then delete them by clicking on the X on the top left corner. Do this for these songs only and see if the issue remains. Also, check the iTunes app on the iPhone and look for any downloads that may be stuck there.
oh ok. i got it. did that.. same problem. i think resign to restoring probably

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
did u try to turn off the music tab on itunes and do a sync, then enable the music tap again and sync once more

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.