Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Just wanted to post and emphasize that Apple Care Plus is worth it, at least IMO. I was working at my child's school the other day and carrying things in for a luncheon from my car. I brought my iPad 3 in with me to carry me through the lulls in my work for the day. It slipped out from underneath my arm as I walked (I was trying to carry too much:rolleyes:) and as it hit the indoor concrete floors, the cover flew open and I heard the screen crunch. (Note: Ozaki Slim Y+, while a great case, will NOT protect your iPad in a bad fall). I had to continue on with my day feeling just sick the entire time. I was leaving town the next morning and didn't want to be without my Precious so I ran by our Apple store on the way home. They made me a quick appt (at the door) for the Genius Bar and I was in and out of the store within 30 minutes with a new (refurbished?) 64GB LTE iPad 3 (looks brand new, flawless to me) for $50. No hassles, no questions, plenty of courtesy/sympathy after I dropped my $829 device due to my own hurried carelessness. So yeah, Apple Care + is worth every penny, at least for me.:D

And the best part is that my previous iPad 3 had a very pink screen (after 2 swapouts at launch). This one is perfect, no uneven screen tint or noticeable coloration. Thanks, Apple. This makes me remember why I remain a loyal Apple fan.:)

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
I aggree! I just bought a New Ipad Retina.. went back to the store the next day and added Apple Care +! I didnt pay for the ipad got it from AM EX Rewards but it was worth the 100 for applecare cause if I had to replace it it would of cost me over 800! I agree worth the $$ for 2 accidents for 50 @ !

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
What I am wondering is, would it be worth it for a $329 iPad mini to buy the $99 Applecare+, lol. I just purchased one, but to me it doesn't sound like it's worth it. I did purchase the Walmart plan for $39, which is Asurion, but hoping I never have to use it, lol.

nehope

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
What I am wondering is, would it be worth it for a $329 iPad mini to buy the $99 Applecare+, lol. I just purchased one, but to me it doesn't sound like it's worth it. I did purchase the Walmart plan for $39, which is Asurion, but hoping I never have to use it, lol.

My niece just this past weekend dropped her $329 iPad mini - it was a Christmas gift - and smashed the screen. I thought we had a good case (for replacement) - her father had just been rushed to the hospital for a blood clot on his lung, the kids were being taken to the hospital, she slipped and fell on ice while carrying the iPad and you know the rest. No Apple Care Plus and no love whatsoever from Apple. They charged $219 for a replacement.

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about that. That's the last thing you needed to worry about during that time was replacing an iPad. :( I hope he's better. Hmm....take my chances on having to pay $219, or go ahead and pay $99.....decisions decisions....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.