Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
So one of my student organizations uses Google groups. But we've reached the 50 account limit. Does anybody know of similar services (preferably with a custom @XXXX.com) that doesn't charge $5/month/account?

I was thinking of applying as a non-profit, because we are, but if there was something easier, I'd like to do that instead.

Thanks for the help.

(and I think this is the right forum?)

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
If you have the domain, you could host it yourself on that.

I'm not very familiar with the topic. What do you mean? And what would the cost be? We have our own Google Sites, site. Basically we have just reached the 50 member email limit. The fees to go beyond that are insane. $5/month/person?

Yahoo has groups which allow 150, but still at some point that too will be reached, and we would lose our @xxx.com emails.

Last edited:

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
I'm not very familiar with the topic. What do you mean? And what would the cost be? We have our own Google Sites, site. Basically we have just reached the 50 member email limit. The fees to go beyond that are insane. $5/month/person?

Yahoo has groups which allow 150, but still at some point that too will be reached, and we would lose our @xxx.com emails.

Where is the domain parked at and where is the hosting? For example, if I have abcdefg.com purchased at GoDaddy and the website is hosting there, depending on the hosting package, I get so many email accounts. The cost is minimal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 8.35.01 AM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 8.35.01 AM (2).png
    134.1 KB · Views: 95

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Where is the domain parked at and where is the hosting? For example, if I have abcdefg.com purchased at GoDaddy and the website is hosting there, depending on the hosting package, I get so many email accounts. The cost is minimal.

Ah I see. Ok that might be what we're looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.