Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I really hate people that do this, BUT, on my iphone 5, there are the two black shiny bands that are on the top and bottom, I noticed on the top one, there is a small white dot, on the edge. You can't see it from far but it does kinda make me wonder if I should even bother exchanging it since I payed so much for it?

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
I really hate people that do this, BUT, on my iphone 5, there are the two black shiny bands that are on the top and bottom, I noticed on the top one, there is a small white dot, on the edge. You can't see it from far but it does kinda make me wonder if I should even bother exchanging it since I payed so much for it?

Huh? Pictures please.

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I attached it. I know I admit I am being OCD. I kept it in the case the entire time, so it had to have come like that. Anyway look at the picture, I circled the place I'm talking about. What would you do?

Attachments

• IMAG1531.jpg
    IMAG1531.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 387

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I attached it. I know I admit I am being OCD. I kept it in the case the entire time, so it had to have come like that. Anyway look at the picture, I circled the place I'm talking about. What would you do?

Get a life, and find something real to worry about!!:rolleyes: :D

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Get a life, and find something real to worry about!!:rolleyes: :D

Thanks dude... I think your right I just needed to hear someone say it. I've owned many phones in the past, and haven't cared about them getting dinged up... I think the reason people care when something is wrong with their iphone 5 is because they are truly beautiful products!!.. (And I spent a lot on it :p)

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Guys I'm pretty sure the adhesive isn't applied evenly to hold the battery in place. If u take it to the Southern Hemisphere in July during the second day of the new moon and the tidal forces are just right and you balance it on a pencil on the table it ALWAYS falls to the left (face up).

I know, I know, I may be being a bit OCD but do you think I should exchange it? I've got a Genius Bar appointment tomm. Do you think they'll replace it for me?

P.s. I dropped it last week but this didn't start till yesterday so I doubt it's related.

Kenjhee

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
My iP5 had one tiny little nick in the edge from Day 1. To this day I'm not sure if it came out of the box that way, or was dinged the first day I had it, but at any rate it was so small I was tempted to ignore it. Even knowing it was there I had to look for it carefully. However, as I had gunsmithing supplies already it was zero effort for me to reblacken the nick using the proper solutions and the phone is now once again cosmetically perfect. No other trauma since then, even though I carry naked except for a rear adhesive protector.

mirekti

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012

Get used to it cos there'll be many more unless you put it in the case.

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
[/COLOR]
My iP5 had one tiny little nick in the edge from Day 1. To this day I'm not sure if it came out of the box that way, or was dinged the first day I had it, but at any rate it was so small I was tempted to ignore it. Even knowing it was there I had to look for it carefully. However, as I had gunsmithing supplies already it was zero effort for me to reblacken the nick using the proper solutions and the phone is now once again cosmetically perfect. No other trauma since then, even though I carry naked except for a rear adhesive protector.

What did you use to touch it up? Does it look like from my picture that I could do the same? I was thinking of doing that myself...

Kenjhee

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
[/COLOR]

What did you use to touch it up? Does it look like from my picture that I could do the same? I was thinking of doing that myself...

Yes, no problem. Check out my post in this thread...https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1495151/

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Thanks dude... I think your right I just needed to hear someone say it. I've owned many phones in the past, and haven't cared about them getting dinged up... I think the reason people care when something is wrong with their iphone 5 is because they are truly beautiful products!!.. (And I spent a lot on it :p)

I do understand wanting your beautiful phone (I have one, too) to be perfect. But to expend emotional energy on such a minor blemish just isn't good for your health...mental or physical.

I know my post was a bit snarky but, seriously, your general sense of well being is more important, in the long and short run, than an electronic device's condition.

Be well, Mate...:D

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If it really bothers you, get a black Sharpie marker, and very lightly, dab the white spot with the tip of the marker. That should take care of the blemish.

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
I have great vision and I literally see nothing within that red circle.. At first, I thought you were referring to the red circle as your problem, because I literally see nothing wrong. And I thought I had OCD..

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Just because you had it in a case doesn't mean it can't get damaged.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
I won't be as rude, immature or douchy as the others have been. That is not bad. Chances are extremely high if you return it the replacement will have more damage than that. If your screen is good, buttons good, no other glaring issues, keep it. I would tape off the surrounding areas and gently dab a sharpie marker on that spot. You will not notice it after that. ;)

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Thanks guys, I will use the sharpie to do it. Your right, it will not be visible after that haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.