Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickcrna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2013
Recently, I've noticed that my new bookmarks are either not being saved at all, or they are being saved in random locations among all of my other bookmarks instead of at the usual end of the list location.

Other forums have suggested a problem with the ~Library/bookmarks.plist file and the solution has not helped. Others have suggested a conflict with the Kaspersky's security update.

Can someone help me with this issue so I can return to using Safari?

Thanks
Rick

BigMacAttack1

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Recently, I've noticed that my new bookmarks are either not being saved at all, or they are being saved in random locations among all of my other bookmarks instead of at the usual end of the list location.

Other forums have suggested a problem with the ~Library/bookmarks.plist file and the solution has not helped. Others have suggested a conflict with the Kaspersky's security update.

Can someone help me with this issue so I can return to using Safari?

Thanks
Rick

I figured out what worked for me Rick-try this: when you are adding the bookmark, scroll up to add it to the bookmark bar. Mine was adding it to an older bookmark folder that I had. I just neede to scroll up! Let me know!

rickcrna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2013
BigMac

All that does it place the bookmark on your bookmark bar. I don't want a whole bunch of bookmarks cluttering up my bar area. I just want them listed in my bookmark drop-down menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.