Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

judgejohn82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey guys,

I currently own a retail (Windows and Mac) copy of Photoshop Elements 10.

I understand that the license is for 2 personal computers, but is not cross platform, i.e. can only be used on 2 Macs and not 1 Mac and 1 PC.

I have just ordered Elements 11, and was wondering if, when I deactivate the serial number from my Mac, can it then be used on PC?

If so, I intend to give my Windows using dad my copy of PE10

Cheers,

John

judgejohn82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
No, as you mentioned its not cross platform compatible.

Thanks for your reply.

However, what initially confused me is that Photoshop Elements comes with both Mac and Windows discs, whereas for CS6 you must choose one or the other, so I wasn't sure if the licensing was different for this version, and could not find a definitive answer online.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Thanks for your reply.

However, what initially confused me is that Photoshop Elements comes with both Mac and Windows discs, whereas for CS6 you must choose one or the other, so I wasn't sure if the licensing was different for this version, and could not find a definitive answer online.

You could probably block the servers from checking the E10 activation on your Mac. It's a valid number to begin with.

drambuie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
I have Photoshop + Premier Elements 9, and my EULA has an exclusion for Elements that allows installation on both PC and Mac, provided that only one is used at one time. The exclusion is at the very end of the agreement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.