Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alec6542

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Hi guys,

My ultimate goal is setup a hotkey so that when I press command twice it activates spotlight. I have Alfred's powerpack, which has a nice feature where you can create your own hotkeys and assign them to do certain things, including opening applications and running applescripts. Hitting command is a hotkey that Alfred supports, but, as far as I can tell, there is no "Spotlight.app" that I can simply assign a hotkey to open. So my only option is to construct a simple applescript that does it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Alec

NovaScotian

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Hi guys,

My ultimate goal is setup a hotkey so that when I press command twice it activates spotlight. I have Alfred's powerpack, which has a nice feature where you can create your own hotkeys and assign them to do certain things, including opening applications and running applescripts. Hitting command is a hotkey that Alfred supports, but, as far as I can tell, there is no "Spotlight.app" that I can simply assign a hotkey to open. So my only option is to construct a simple applescript that does it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Alec

Spotlight has a system preference pane in which you can set a hot key to open it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.