Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:19 AM   #1
SL4VE
macrumors 6502

Apple Complaints Department

Anyone have an email address for UK Complaints dept. can't really call them up at the moment but need to complain about a genius appointment

Thanks
SL4VE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2
macingman
macrumors 68020

I don't think such a department exists. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by macingman View Post
I don't think such a department exists. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.
It should, I'm also pretty sure calling support and asking for a manger or a complaints department would work.
Interstella5555 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Mlrollin91
macrumors 68000

You need to send an email to the specific store's managerial department. Its the email address listed on the employee name-tags that they occasionally hand out. I'm sure you can call the store and get it from them.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:46 PM   #5
SL4VE
macrumors 6502

I feel victimised so don't really want to call the store. I think I light just call the standard help line and ask for someone to listen to my complain. I am so upset I don't think I can talk about my experience. Would rather email.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:56 PM   #6
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

Just a thought:

If it's that bad, you might get further - faster, by actually talking to someone.
likethesoup2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:02 PM   #7
blueroom
macrumors 603

Of course now we're curious to your Apple store misadventure.
blueroom is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

They say that you should never email, or act hastily when you are upset.

Lots of human take things personally (yeah, am like Mr. Spock). There is usually a bureaucratic annoyance, that once understood would better forge ahead to solve ur problem.

I feel for those of you who rely solely on Apple's support. All you get is the "company line" but fortunately there are lots of forums like this, you get a different perspectives on the problem.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:46 PM   #9
LeeM
macrumors 6502a

good luck. i was just referred to store when i had an issue a while back
LeeM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:33 PM   #10
SL4VE
macrumors 6502

I don't want to deal with that particular store anymore so I will try their support line in the morning. It's not a case that I need support. I just need results.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:53 PM   #11
abz1981
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4VE View Post
I don't want to deal with that particular store anymore so I will try their support line in the morning. It's not a case that I need support. I just need results.
Good luck.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:58 PM   #12
blueroom
macrumors 603

Quote:
Okay I'll bite. Which store, what was the issue? Let's hear your side of the story.
blueroom is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:12 PM   #13
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I feel victimised so don't really want to call the store. I think I light just call the standard help line and ask for someone to listen to my complain. I am so upset I don't think I can talk about my experience. Would rather email.
Why would you leave the store if you felt victimized? Did they steal something from you?
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:13 PM   #14
blueroom
macrumors 603

My money's on Wedgie or Atomic Wedgie.
blueroom is online now   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:43 AM   #15
SL4VE
macrumors 6502

It was actually harmless just spoken to customer relations manager and he's sorted everything. Even gave me all contact details for future and willing to do anything to hell so really changed things around. All is well now just need to get to an apple store and get a replacement ASAP

I don't want to flame or troll. But I had a problem with a apple staff member who was rude and aggressive when tried to get my iPhone fixed. He didn't want to fix or replace it. Thing is soon as I mentioned the store on the phone they said they have had numerous complaints about the store to week. Hmm
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:27 PM   #16
welsh198418
macrumors newbie

Complaints

I to have had real issues making a complaint to apple, long storey cut short, New Iphone 4s in November 2011, 3 replacements by September 2012, and the my latest one breaks 21 days out of warranty.

The store wanted 139 for replacement, which i refused as i was not happy with the fact that 4 phones in the space of 14 months was right.

I complained to the sales assistant with no luck, i complained to the store manager with no luck, all they could say was speak to apple care.

I rang Apple care who logged my call and then confirmed that my latest fault was indeed hardware, and offered to replace it for 146, 7 more than in store :-/ Again i refused and was put through to a senior advisor in America. All she wanted to do was send me a new one at a cost of 146, again i refused then asked to be pt through to a complaints department in the UK. Apparently such department does not exist, so i asked for Apple HQ in the UK and the best they could come up with was Cork in Ireland. However they could not give me a phone number, or email contact there.

At this point i was getting very peeved off with it so i got on Google and looked around and found a customer relations number in the UK, so i rang them only to be told that they only deal with Online Apple care issues, and not store returns, the lady i spoke to tried to transfer me to that department, but they refused to take my call and instead fill in a feedback form on their website. Which i did.

I then decided that i would write a letter to Ireland to try my look as well as attempting an email address i found on another forum, tcookATapple . com. Obviously not thinking it would work, that was yesterday afternoon.

To my surprise this afternoon my phone rang, and it was a very nice lady from Apple International in Cork Ireland. She said she had received my email, and that she had read my notes from my previous replacements, and from my calls to various departments and she was concerned that i was not looked after right. She agreed without any hesitation that my phone was indeed faulty after reading the genius bar notes, and that i was entitled to a free replacement after the bother i have had since day one.She arranged that, and has arranged me an apple at my local store, even though the system said there wasn't any. She also provided me her direct contact details should i have any issues in the future including outsider the 90 day replacement warranty.

In short, yes Apple are quite arrogant in the fact that they do not have a direct complaints department, and the fact they make it as difficult as possible to find a direct contact to them.

BUT if you do get to the right person, they will do what they can to help you out. I was fuming at Apple when i left the store on Monday, but after my call today and the following email correspondance my opinion has improved, all be it slightly of Apple.
welsh198418 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone