Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old May 15, 2013, 02:55 AM   #26
Knaperstekt
macrumors newbie

I just recently got an iMac 27". I wanted to use my old Razer Mamba for gaming.
The first day it all went well. Second day, I noticed problems in Diablo 3 as I could not hover over things. I quit the game and the same thing appears in Safari for example. Cursor doesn't change when I hover over a hyperlink etc. Also the dock froze. It works, but doesn't animate anymore. If I unplug the Mamba base station everything works like it shoud (with the magic mouse)

Does any of these softwares you mention remedy my problem?
Knaperstekt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 12:45 PM   #27
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knaperstekt View Post
I just recently got an iMac 27". I wanted to use my old Razer Mamba for gaming.
The first day it all went well. Second day, I noticed problems in Diablo 3 as I could not hover over things. I quit the game and the same thing appears in Safari for example. Cursor doesn't change when I hover over a hyperlink etc. Also the dock froze. It works, but doesn't animate anymore. If I unplug the Mamba base station everything works like it shoud (with the magic mouse)

Does any of these softwares you mention remedy my problem?
Which Mamba do you have (original or 2012 edition)? I would check to see if the firmware is up to date.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 04:26 PM   #28
Knaperstekt
macrumors newbie

It's the original. I did an firmware update some time ago, don't know if it is the latest though.
Knaperstekt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 11:03 PM   #29
AHDuke99
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to AHDuke99
I feel like Steelseries makes higher quality stuff than Razer, but maybe it's just me. I only use my things for Starcraft 2, so maybe Razer is better for LoL. I don't know since I don't play that game. :P
AHDuke99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 12:32 AM   #30
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDuke99 View Post
I feel like Steelseries makes higher quality stuff than Razer, but maybe it's just me. I only use my things for Starcraft 2, so maybe Razer is better for LoL. I don't know since I don't play that game. :P
I like Steelseries mice and mouse pads, but can't comment on their keyboards. In regards to their mice vs. Razer, I still think Razer is better overall... Steelseries has no variety. The Sensei and Kinzu might as well be the same mouse (at least shape wise). It appears they discontinued the Ikari Laser (only showing the Optical version on their site now) and their WoW/MMO mice haven't been very good.

As for their keyboards, my preference is still with Razer because they actually make Mac layout keyboards. This is not based on user experience, as I mentioned not having used a Steelseries keyboard, but Razer supports Mac more... I just wish they had Mac layouts for all their keyboards, or at least the ones I like.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2013, 06:56 AM   #31
adder7712
macrumors 68000

Logitech G400.
Old May 19, 2013, 10:55 AM   #32
ctbear
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
I like Steelseries mice and mouse pads, but can't comment on their keyboards. In regards to their mice vs. Razer, I still think Razer is better overall... Steelseries has no variety. The Sensei and Kinzu might as well be the same mouse (at least shape wise). It appears they discontinued the Ikari Laser (only showing the Optical version on their site now) and their WoW/MMO mice haven't been very good.

As for their keyboards, my preference is still with Razer because they actually make Mac layout keyboards. This is not based on user experience, as I mentioned not having used a Steelseries keyboard, but Razer supports Mac more... I just wish they had Mac layouts for all their keyboards, or at least the ones I like.
Steelseries takes a different approach than Razer - its target market is more hardcore gamers. The Sensei and Kinzu might look very similar but the performance is night and day. Their main focus is not the aesthetics.
Razer targets the more general/casual users who can afford a better mouse than the $10 Logitech. That will require more "flashy" design ($$$) to appeal to the general masses. They don't make bad products per se, but for the same price Steelseries will always offer better performance while Razer will offer better looks.
ctbear is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games