Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
For about a month now I've had this issue of my iTunes always saying I have 2 apps to update but when I click it, there is nothing there. Says all apps are updated. Just yesterday it added another one so now it says 3. Restarting iTunes (or the computer) and syncing my phone does not work. I haven't tried reinstalling iTunes just yet as I keep hoping iTunes 11 will be out soon and it will solve this problem. I'm also nervous of reinstalling as I have a very large library and don't want mess anything up somehow. I'm not quite sure I trust it at this point after I've gone through and organized/updated meta data to my liking.

I don't know why I'm coming here at this point, because iTunes 11 is surely less than a week away, it's just bugging me every time I look at it. I guess, in the event that the new software doesn't fix it. What are my options? Found one link on google about it telling me to delete my apps on iTunes and then sync my phone. The problem is, not all of my apps are iPhone apps, and I actually recently sold my iPad. I don't want to lose any paid apps in case I ever decide to get another iPad in a few years.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 3.45.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 3.45.04 PM.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,406

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Do you have multiple accounts for App Store ?

If so login to the other one and finish the download.

No I only have the one, however I did merge my apple ID and iTunes account into the same login info recently. I can't remember when exactly I did that or if the problem started right after. I used to have a separate password for iTunes/Mac App store purchases and iCloud login but now my iCloud and iTunes all share the same info. I don't know if merge is the correct term for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.