Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1
princebig7
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Ahh just bought a mini on eBay for awesome deal. Did I make right decision?

So I have been waiting impatiently like the rest of you guys for the new mini's to come out. I said to myself unless I get a ridiculous deal I'm waiting since I already have an Ipad 3 (contemplating selling) but I love the form factor and smaller version for when surfing web, email in bed etc. The mini looks great and is listed as "works great just need extra money". I even have a paper trail sending him messages asking if there are any scratches on screen, dents, glass ever replaced etc. and he stated "all good". The black 16gb mini was listed for $275 includes cover and charger. He accepted my offer at 205 + 16 s&h coming to a total $221. I figured I wont lose alot on resell value if some new features come out on the new line of minis since i got it for a reasonable price. Also, was going to bring it to apple store to double check it over to make sure nothing was replaced, if so I'm covered under ebay buyers protection so i didnt see that as that big of a risk since I can open a claim and get my money back if it's not as described. What are ya thoughts? Did pull the trigger to early or is this great value for a mint condition mini?
princebig7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 02:13 AM   #2
l0gikb0mb
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Sounds like a good deal. You won't lose much if you do decide to sell.

Personally, like the iPad 2, I think the first gen Mini will be what a lot of people keep after they see the first reiteration with the retina screen. Might be thicker, hotter, have less battery, and might be even heavier. Just think of the iPad 3/4, it wasn't pleasant to use those after a while. Of course, I want retina just as much as anyone, and hope it isn't like this. You'll appreciate the form factor in daily use.

Also, there are quite a few rumours reporting a release towards more december/2014. So don't worry about it, just use it, enjoy it, and don't worry about upgrades - we won't know for sure when they will come.
l0gikb0mb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 09:48 AM   #3
princebig7
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Ok cool thank you for your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0gikb0mb View Post
Sounds like a good deal. You won't lose much if you do decide to sell.

Personally, like the iPad 2, I think the first gen Mini will be what a lot of people keep after they see the first reiteration with the retina screen. Might be thicker, hotter, have less battery, and might be even heavier. Just think of the iPad 3/4, it wasn't pleasant to use those after a while. Of course, I want retina just as much as anyone, and hope it isn't like this. You'll appreciate the form factor in daily use.

Also, there are quite a few rumours reporting a release towards more december/2014. So don't worry about it, just use it, enjoy it, and don't worry about upgrades - we won't know for sure when they will come.
princebig7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:52 AM   #4
trustever
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
that is actually a very good price... Makes me willing to go and get one my self
trustever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:07 AM   #5
RotaryP7
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, FL
I've been looking for one. But around the $250 range. Good price no doubt.
__________________
MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD ; iPhone 5 16 GB ; iPad Mini 16 GB
RotaryP7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 04:25 PM   #6
princebig7
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thank you for the feedback. Any other thoughts?
princebig7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:36 PM   #7
herdnerfer
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint louis, MO
same boat

I recently got a good deal on a mini (not as good as yours, but mine was purchased from a store). I originally bought it for the kids to have one to play with so they wouldn't hog my iPad 3rd gen so much. But once i started using i really liked it! The form factor is so much easier to handle & the screen does not feel small or cramped at all!

I was almost convinced to give up my 3rd gen iPad for another mini in the home, but that beautiful retina screen keeps me from doing it. As much as i love the mini and use it alot, i keep going back my 3rd gen iPad because of how pretty & crisp the screen is! (battery life seems to be better on my full size iPad as well.)

If they do come out with a retina mini, i am sold!
__________________
iPad Retina Mini Wifi 16gb, 2x iPad Mini Wifi 16gb, iPhone 5s 16gb T-Mobile, AppleTV 3rd Gen
herdnerfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Medic311
macrumors 65816
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by herdnerfer View Post
I recently got a good deal on a mini (not as good as yours, but mine was purchased from a store). I originally bought it for the kids to have one to play with so they wouldn't hog my iPad 3rd gen so much. But once i started using i really liked it! The form factor is so much easier to handle & the screen does not feel small or cramped at all!

I was almost convinced to give up my 3rd gen iPad for another mini in the home, but that beautiful retina screen keeps me from doing it. As much as i love the mini and use it alot, i keep going back my 3rd gen iPad because of how pretty & crisp the screen is! (battery life seems to be better on my full size iPad as well.)

If they do come out with a retina mini, i am sold!
yep same - i just couldn't get used to the iPad Mini and had to go back to the Retina on my iPad 3.

i miss the form factor of the iPad Mini as it allowed you to hold it in 1 hand for long periods of time while reading digital magazine subscriptions and such. it's hard to even get through 1 news article with the iPad 3 holding it in 1 hand. the case i have helps though since it has a strap on the back. then i can usually get through a few articles. iPad Mini felt like a regular paperback book in comparison
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:29 PM   #9
12vElectronics
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Western United States
Congrats.. the mini is awesome! I wouldn't worry about the new one because there will always be a new one around the corner!
__________________
iPhone 5 16gb-iPod Video 30gb 5th gen-
iPod Nano 16gb 7th gen-iPod Shuffle 2gb 4th gen-iPad Mini 16gb 1st gen
12vElectronics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:38 PM   #10
vmaniqui
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
when you buy something for yourself, it's always a good decision. be it a bar of chocolate, a newspaper, or a paper clip. once you have the item that you bought, it always gives you a feeling of satisfaction - and yes it is a good decision.
vmaniqui is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:16 PM   #11
JackieInCo
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
when you buy something for yourself, it's always a good decision. be it a bar of chocolate, a newspaper, or a paper clip. once you have the item that you bought, it always gives you a feeling of satisfaction - and yes it is a good decision.
Truer words were never spoken. I would not excited over buying myself a paper clip however.
JackieInCo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:25 PM   #12
princebig7
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Update: So I received the mini On Saturday! Today I went into the apple store for them to double check everything (make sure screen wasn't replaced etc.) Everything checks out, it was purchased 5 months ago only as well so I have a while for warranty to be up still! I compared the text on full brightness from my mini and iPad 3 and honestly IMO I see barely any difference (text is slightly more blurry on the mini). The form factor, weight and overall look of it is so comfortable I'm 99% sure I'm going to sell my iPad 3 soon. There's a stand at my local shopping mall that will give me $250 for the 3 which I think is low. I'd be happy selling it with two cases and charger for $300-350. Maybe I'm bias not noticing the retina display because I uses a non retina 2010 MacBook Pro a lot so my eyes are just used to the display, but when retina screen is bright it actually bothers my eyes. Thoughts on anything please comment, everyone has given great feedback so far, thanks!
princebig7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:28 PM   #13
JackieInCo
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by princebig7 View Post
Update: So I received the mini On Saturday! Today I went into the apple store for them to double check everything (make sure screen wasn't replaced etc.) Everything checks out, it was purchased 5 months ago only as well so I have a while for warranty to be up still! I compared the text on full brightness from my mini and iPad 3 and honestly IMO I see barely any difference (text is slightly more blurry on the mini). The form factor, weight and overall look of it is so comfortable I'm 99% sure I'm going to sell my iPad 3 soon. There's a stand at my local shopping mall that will give me $250 for the 3 which I think is low. I'd be happy selling it with two cases and charger for $300-350. Maybe I'm bias not noticing the retina display because I uses a non retina 2010 MacBook Pro a lot so my eyes are just used to the display, but when retina screen is bright it actually bothers my eyes. Thoughts on anything please comment, everyone has given great feedback so far, thanks!
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Buying my Mini was one of the best decisions that I have made in a few years. Just wish I would have bought it sooner.

JackieInCo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:34 PM   #14
princebig7
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieInCo View Post
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Buying my Mini was one of the best decisions that I have made in a few years. Just wish I would have bought it sooner.

Thank you! Also, my thought process is if something really mind blowing comes out with an iPad 5 or mini 2 selling the 3 now gives me value that will only go down as time goes on and getting the mini at $205 leaves me room to re sell it without taking a big loss.
princebig7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:03 PM   #15
12vElectronics
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Western United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieInCo View Post
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Buying my Mini was one of the best decisions that I have made in a few years. Just wish I would have bought it sooner.

Same here! Bought my mini in January and wish I had gotten it sooner!
__________________
iPhone 5 16gb-iPod Video 30gb 5th gen-
iPod Nano 16gb 7th gen-iPod Shuffle 2gb 4th gen-iPad Mini 16gb 1st gen
12vElectronics is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought a first generation Mac Pro. Did I make the right decision? gdeusthewhizkid Mac Pro 13 Apr 23, 2014 01:06 AM
iPad Mini: Bought iPad mini brand new off eBay but.. nickprete11 iPad 23 Mar 10, 2013 07:50 PM
Awesome Deal! errr dukebound85 Community Discussion 3 Jul 27, 2012 12:10 PM
Awesome deal on RMBP mstgkillr MacBook Pro 16 Jun 14, 2012 06:46 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC