Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21, 2014, 11:15 AM   #251
Joseph Farrugia
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Malta (EU)
My second ever attempt at video editing

Believe it or not, even though a pro photographer for the last 26+ years, I was never into filming, never had a video camera, still don't own a smartphone.

This is my second attempt at video editing; contains movie clips as well as stills integrated into a 1min 26secs video:
CLICK HERE.

Comments welcome……here on this thread/forum please, not under the video.
Joseph Farrugia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2014, 05:59 PM   #252
midnightvii
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
my wife and I made this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81v2...sDV4CnxND2qrxQ

its cartoon.
midnightvii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2014, 01:23 PM   #253
briannaharbor
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightvii View Post
my wife and I made this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81v2...sDV4CnxND2qrxQ

its cartoon.
That is very nice. I would love to spend some time learning animation.
briannaharbor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2014, 12:19 PM   #254
midnightvii
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannaharbor View Post
That is very nice. I would love to spend some time learning animation.
thank you for you kind words.
midnightvii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2014, 03:53 PM   #255
Boe11
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I just made my first short (with the help of my friends (and zero budget)) for the myrodereel contest. I've been doing personal projects and the occasional interview/corporate video for a little while, but this was my first time doing any sort of narrative. Boy, what an eye opener. As you'll see in the video, I really have no idea how to move the camera or frame for narrative work. It sure was a fun and educational experience though. Hopefully we can make some significant improvements on our next short film.

Here's the contest page with the film and the behind the scenes video.

http://www.rodemic.com/myrodereel/watch/1100

Here's the direct youtube link to the short film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclPg1gz3P8

Thanks for checking it out! I'd love to hear some feedback if you've got any - even if it's scathing as we genuinely want to get better at this.
Boe11 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2014, 01:57 PM   #256
briannaharbor
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe11 View Post
I just made my first short (with the help of my friends (and zero budget)) for the myrodereel contest. I've been doing personal projects and the occasional interview/corporate video for a little while, but this was my first time doing any sort of narrative. Boy, what an eye opener. As you'll see in the video, I really have no idea how to move the camera or frame for narrative work. It sure was a fun and educational experience though. Hopefully we can make some significant improvements on our next short film.

Here's the contest page with the film and the behind the scenes video.

http://www.rodemic.com/myrodereel/watch/1100

Here's the direct youtube link to the short film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclPg1gz3P8

Thanks for checking it out! I'd love to hear some feedback if you've got any - even if it's scathing as we genuinely want to get better at this.
Nice work, keep it up!
briannaharbor is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:19 PM   #257
Boe11
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannaharbor View Post
Nice work, keep it up!
Thank you! That's the plan
Boe11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2014, 02:01 PM   #258
Flore
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dubai
A new timelapse from me

Flore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:50 AM   #259
briannaharbor
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flore View Post
A new timelapse from me

YouTube: video
Very neat.
briannaharbor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Continues to Lose Smartphone Share, Gain Mobile Phone Share in 4Q 2013 MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 17 Jan 30, 2014 12:26 PM
Trailer for 10 Short Films shot in only 3 days (edited on final cut pro) smjd45 Digital Video 7 Jun 7, 2013 05:36 AM
How to share photo stream if we share iPhoto library? yalag iCloud and Apple Services 1 Dec 27, 2012 01:40 AM
Share 802.1X wireless connection share to Xbox 360 charlieegan3 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 10 Sep 17, 2012 04:06 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC