Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raydeville

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Iphone wont connect to yahoo account the answer

the answer to the problem of getting your yahoo mail on your iphone i have the answer

its nothing to do with the phone

go to yahoo, go to my mail, top right hand corner it says Yahoo mobil'e give your mobile number to yahoo they send a verfication text to your phone follow the instructions delete your account from your iphone and reinstall

account to iphone this worked for me after spending 6 hours trying to fix phone

mpersonal

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
Yahoo requires a 1-time use password for each app!

Sorry to read all the frustration and struggle in this thread:(. What a mess, all these bizarre "fixes" arise because Yahoo has done a terrible job explaining how their new system works.

So I thought I'd just post a quick note here to let you all know that the real issue is with Yahoo's new(ish) "Second Sign-in Verification":

Basically, you have to go into your Yahoo-based email (@yahoo.com or @ymail.com) Account Information (using a web browser, not an app) and toward the bottom of the "Sign-in and Security" section you'll see a link for "Set up your second sign-in verification".

Once you click that you'll be able to "Generate App Password" which is basically a 1-time use password specific to each device (i.e. you'll generate one for your iPad, and another for your iPhone, etc) that you want to access your email via.

Then you'll just enter this password in the "Password" field of the Mail account setup on the iPhone. You don't have to choose "other" in the provider list and go through all the IMAP/POP setup, you can just choose Yahoo, it works for both ymail and yahoo mail IF you have an app password.

Hope this helps!
Link to Yahoo's Help page for 2nd Step Verification for apps

Conwy

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
Works for me

I just closed down the mail app in the background that was still running. Deleted the old and just set up again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.