Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Feb 21, 2014, 07:59 PM   #51
LOLZpersonok
macrumors 6502a

It bothers me when I see people on the phone, or even worse, texting while driving. I've seen many people texting while driving on a major roadway in my city, all in the morning going to school. I'm surprised that I haven't witnessed an "accident" in the happening yet.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:24 PM   #52
thatoneguy82
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Agreed. Driving after you have been drinking is just a bad idea.
You just reminded me of this billboard I saw a couple of nights ago. It was some kid who was getting a breathalyzer done and then it said "You just blew $10,000". Then at the bottom, it said "Buzzed driving is drunk driving."

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say I've never talked/texted/driven buzzed - I have; the latter many years ago. I've learned from the error of my ways with thankfully no consequences. Thanks to BT, I talk on the phone hands-free but I never make a habit nor have long conversations whilst driving. As far as texting, I only do it when I'm stopped at a light (always cognizant of light color) or pull over when I need to do more substantial texting. With my music via my iPhone, I simply just choose a playlist and use my steering wheel controls to change it. I'm not a "perfectly" safe driver, but I do my best to prevent any accident and always aware of cars/pedesterian/etc around me.
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion