Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:21 PM   #51
djgulia
macrumors 6502

I emailed customer service and quickly got a reply on how to fix this. If you have switched devises, the UDID # is different and that is what they go by. So I just had to email them the UDID # from my iphone 4 along with a screenshot of my original purchase and they will fix it.

Here's what the email says:

Quote:
I've lost unlimited tagging on my Apple device...

This has occurred as you have changed handsets. Our database recognises users by their device UDID – this is the bespoke identifier for all Apple devices. As you have exchanged/upgraded your handset, your new UDID is seen as a new user by our database.

Are you able to provide a screen shot/email receipt of your iTunes account showing when you originally installed Shazam? We can then arrange for you to be granted unlimited functionality once again. There is a ‘Transaction History’ area within iTunes that will display this information.

Could you also forward your UDID please?

Please enclose all of the requested information in a reply to this message.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:42 PM   #52
Alaerian

Aha! That makes perfect sense. I'm still (quite contently) running my original iPhone 2G, so I didn't have that issue. Glad to hear you'll get it worked out!
Alaerian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 07:47 PM   #53
gslrider
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrigue View Post
I would Sign Out under Settings.
Thanks. But no go. Even rebooted after I signed out, but notice is still there. I'll give Apple Care a shout and see if they have any info. Will let post back on results.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:00 PM   #54
Surrix
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgulia View Post
I emailed customer service and quickly got a reply on how to fix this. If you have switched devises, the UDID # is different and that is what they go by. So I just had to email them the UDID # from my iphone 4 along with a screenshot of my original purchase and they will fix it.

Here's what the email says:
I couldn't find an address to email. Who did you email?
Surrix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:52 PM   #55
gyrio
macrumors newbie

i figured this was a good place to post this and im new here

so cruchyroll is a free app to download and it recently got a new gul interface i do not like i liked the older one better so i downgraded the app but the app update is annoying me to no end so how would i fix this?
gyrio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:21 AM   #56
btracy713
macrumors newbie

Geez....

Instead of arguing about whether he's a "pirate" or not, does anyone actually have a solution?

Is this forum here to be helpful, or to judge people?
btracy713 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:37 AM   #57
ideal.dreams
macrumors 68000

I love that everyone jumped to piracy right away. Why can no one understand that some updates remove functionality or ruin an app completely? Take Navigon, for example. The old version was and still is great. Then they were bought out and that ruined the app completely.
ideal.dreams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:13 AM   #58
Kissaragi
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by btracy713 View Post

Can tell your new here....

No idea about the ops problem tho sorry, I just always update right away. Would imagine you'll just have to get used to that number 1.
Kissaragi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:57 AM   #59
braddick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Instead of arguing about whether he's a "pirate" or not, does anyone actually have a solution?

Any reason why it can't be both?
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:39 AM   #60
Jimmy James
macrumors 68000

I have 3 apps that I won't update because functionality is removed. I had another but updated before I realized functions were missing.

I update apps individually now.

I've purchased my apps legally and have never done a jail break.
Jimmy James is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:45 AM   #61
gslrider
macrumors regular

Quote:

It's suppose to be to help. But it's online, and you will ALWAYS find people who feel better about themselves when they judge others. I've just learned to ignore them, and appreciate those that do help.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:01 PM   #62
blueroom
macrumors 603

Curious, what was the App in question? And why didn't you want it updated?

Last edited by maflynn; Jan 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Removed deleted text from quote
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:59 PM   #63
gslrider
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
Curious, what was the App in question? And why didn't you want it updated?
I actually can't remember. It's been a while. I do remember that I needed to update my iOS to the latest version at the time, to update the app. Which I wasn't ready to do yet. The last couple of updates before that messed up my phone, and I didn't want to go through the same hassles again, until a more stable iOS update came out. And the badge was bugging me. I just learned to live with the badge. This was the iOS 4.x.x fiasco. At the time, I was on iOS 4.0.2, I didn't update till I switched over to the iPhone 4S (from the 4) and had iOS 5 preinstalled. I just recently updated to iOS 6, which I'm glad hasn't caused any problems, as some have experienced.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:39 PM   #64
Cod3rror
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog5595 View Post
I am going to assume that the thread starter didnít legally acquire the application. As long as itís on your device, Apple will think it is legally on there and offer you free updates, as the app is updated. Once you click update and enter your password, you actually purchase the application.

He wantís to avoid all of this.
Way to assume the worst...

I have several apps that the devs ruined with updates so I keep the old version.
Cod3rror is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone