Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
In iMovie when you drag a title onto the timeline a window appears that lets you select backgrounds for the title so that you don't just have to have a black background, can you get this feature in Final Cut Pro 10.0.6?

Also, can you put your own backgrounds in the titles such as photos? If so how?

TIA

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
The most simple solution is for you to study the software. Again you do NOT tell us what software you are using.
The question to all of your answers is yes.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Sorry I don't get this response. It clearly states in my post the software I'm using in Final Cut Pro 10.0.6 :-/

I have managed to find the answer to my problem though :)

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
You said "CAN YOU GET".
Now would it not be nice to let all those people who read this post "HOW" you tackled the issue?

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
You said "CAN YOU GET".
Now would it not be nice to let all those people who read this post "HOW" you tackled the issue?

I don't know if you're being deliberately funny or not, but to me it was obvious I was referring to FCP X :( Maybe it's language barrier thing :confused:

Anyway, you're right I ought to have posted the solution and here it is. I can do it 2 ways:-

1) Drag the title to the main timeline/storyline then lift it out of the storyline by selecting it and pressing Opt-Cmd-Up arrow. Find the generator you want and drag it onto the gap let behind by the lifted title and select replace from start.

2) With the title in place drag a generator to the timeline under the main storyline then trim the generator to fit.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
No, i was not being funny. You were talking about iMovie and then asked about FCP-X.
Glad you solved the problem and i hope your question will help other members who might come across the problem.
Thank You.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.