Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I notice that while in the iTunes Stores in iTunes 11.....I can't two finger swipe back to go back a page......whereas this worked in 10.7.

Anyone else notice this?

-Kevin

JKP

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2007
Yeah. I noticed it and it's really damn annoying. Almost as annoying as losing the album artwork preview box in the sidebar.

MDallimore

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
Same problem here. I'm glad it's not just me, though totally agree it's damn annoying.

I posted this 2 finger swipe error on Apple's pages but it seems to be sporadic, for some it's working and for others it's not.

To add to my confusion, a 2 finger swipe on a MacBook Air trackpad works just fine forwards and backwards in iTunes 11!!!

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Interesting.....so I had my swipe prefs for the Magic Mouse set to:

Swipe between pages:
Swipe left or right with two fingers

This worked in iTunes 10 but not 11.

I switched it to: Swipe with one or two fingers

That seems to work in iTunes 11....a 1 finger swipe.

Going to try this.....not sure how it will effect swiping in other apps. Looks like browsers so a different effect with a 1 finger swipe between pages. Although the 2 finger swipe still works.

-Kevin

MDallimore

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
Thanks this is a massive help.

1 finger works in iTunes 11 but 2 finger swipe does not.

Thanks again.

1millionbucks

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
2 finger swipes are for swiping through your windows/desktops/spaces on the Magic Mouse. 1 finger is forward and back, even in Safari. It has been like this since Mountain Lion arrived.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
2 finger swipes are for swiping through your windows/desktops/spaces on the Magic Mouse. 1 finger is forward and back, even in Safari. It has been like this since Mountain Lion arrived.

That's only if you have Swipe between full screen apps checked. The problem with that option is.....if forces the Swipe between pages to only be "Scroll left or right with one finger". The problem with that is.....it doesn't work in Finder to go back and forth in list view, whereas the Two Finger swipe does.

I have Mission Control setup as my lower left hot corner which is faster than swiping through 8 desktops.

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.