Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Has anyone been keeping up with the development of this game?

The Neverhood was and will always be one of my absolute favorite games. Everything about it, from the tone to the music to the (at the time) stunning visuals, makes it one of my all-time-favorites.

I really hope this gets funded over on Kickstarter! Can't wait to see what Tennapel and team come up with.

Looks like it'll be out for all platforms at the same time.

BoxBrownie

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Neverhood was brilliant. I remember playing it as a kid with my dad. It's also my favourite game.. any idea if we can get it on a Mac now by any chance?

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Neverhood was brilliant. I remember playing it as a kid with my dad. It's also my favourite game.. any idea if we can get it on a Mac now by any chance?

Finally, a reply! I also played it with my dad.

I can only get it to run in BootCamp under Windows 7, and even then: not very well. The colors are all messed up, even after applying various fixes. It's my understanding that the fixes won't work due to the Mac's graphics card and its lack of Direct X support.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel! Google "Neverhood Restoration Project". A few devs have worked very hard to get it running well under Windows and Linux, and evidently Mac is next on their list.

Back to the topic at hand: it looks like Armikrog will get the funding that it needs! Only 200k left to raise with a couple days left to go. Nintendo offered to put it out for the Wii U if it's funded, and I think that helped a lot. I desperately want this game to see the light of day.

Edited to add that many have had success with Neverhood on Mac using Wine. It even has a "Platinum" status in the list of games that will run via Wine. I haven't been able to compile it becuase I can't install one of the necessary 3rd party apps under Mavericks, which is currently my daily driver. I look forward to trying it in the fall once 3rd party apps are working again in 10.9

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
It's funded!

Well, the Kickstarter closed today, and they hit their 900K goal as well as the Wii U stretch goal. I can't wait to play this in a year! I'll also be on the beta testing team for the level at which I contributed. Gahhhh! Such exciting news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.