Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 25, 2013, 08:42 PM   #1
moonman239
macrumors 65816

Easy way to go from iOS7 beta to iOS 6.1.3

I am in the process of downloading iOS 6.1.3 onto my iPad. Here's what I did.

1) I made sure that only the USB portion of the cable was plugged in.
2) I turned off the iPad.
3) While holding the Home button, I reconnected my iPad to the computer.
4) At this point, iTunes told me the iPad was in recovery mode and needed to be restored. When I clicked "Restore and Update," I saw a window that displayed stuff pertaining to iOS 6.1.3. I agreed to the terms and conditions, and now iTunes is downloading iOS 6.1.3.

Word of caution: Your iOS7 backup may mess up the iPad, but if it does, you can always restore as new. The important thing is you now have iOS 6.1.3 on your iPad, and you got the install file from someone you know you can trust to provide a malware-free install file.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 08:48 PM   #2
ethan028
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman239 View Post

4) At this point, iTunes told me the iPad was in recovery mode and needed to be restored. When I clicked "Restore and Update," I saw a window that displayed stuff pertaining to iOS 6.1.3. I agreed to the terms and conditions, and now iTunes is downloading iOS 6.1.3.

Word of caution: Your iOS7 backup may mess up the iPad, but if it does, you can always restore as new. The important thing is you now have iOS 6.1.3 on your iPad, and you got the install file from someone you know you can trust to provide a malware-free install file.
Malware-free IPSW? This isn't Android we are talking about..
ethan028 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 09:09 PM   #3
batting1000
macrumors 601

Meh, nothing new to see here.
batting1000 is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:19 PM   #4
dannyyankou
macrumors 68020

Or you can just download the firmware from this site. It downloads directly from Apple's servers.

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
dannyyankou is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:32 PM   #5
vinitmenon
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman239 View Post

i dont think you need to go to dfu mode either. just plug in your ipad or iphone and option click on update and select your 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 in case of your iphone and you should be good. just take care of putting your newsstand outside on home screen and not in any folder.

Awaiting: iPhone 6 Gold 16GB
vinitmenon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 01:49 AM   #6
benji888
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitmenon View Post
i dont think you need to go to dfu mode either. just plug in your ipad or iphone and option click on update and select your 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 in case of your iphone and you should be good. just take care of putting your newsstand outside on home screen and not in any folder.
1) This! ^

2) Set up as new iPhone/iPad/iPod.

3) Then restore from backup...

I don't know if any apps are actually updated to work only on iOS 7, so they should be fine, but, you may have an app or two it can't install, then you can just go to app store....

I used to be scared, when restoring an iphone, to "set up as a new phone" because I was afraid my backup with my photos, texts, settings and such would be lost, but, they are not lost, as long as you did a sync/backup just before you do this.
benji888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 07:54 PM   #7
moonman239
macrumors 65816

Well, I thought I failed, because the iOS7 beta I installed still showed up on my iPad. But after repeating the process, sans waiting for the firmware to download, iOS 6.1.3 is back on my iPad.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7