Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BradOntCa

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
Canada
Anyone know of a way or program that can crop a picture to 1136 x 640 (the res of this screen) When I tried to do this resolution in photoshop they wouldn't match, meaning, when I typed in either 1136 or 640, the other number would change automatically to a different number, not the number I wanted. I also tried this in faststone and the same thing happened. I did a backup from my 4th gen and my background pic fit the screen, and now, with the 5th gen screen, the same pic gets cut off a bit.

NitroZip

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2010
You need to un-check the box that says constrain proportions or something like that.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I assume you want to set the pic as your wallpaper. If that is the case, just go to settings and set it as wallpaper. As per the pic size, you should be able to pinch to zoom in/out to adjust the proportions… no need to photoshop it.

BradOntCa

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
Canada
Pics

I just want all my pics, including the background pic, to fit the screen, no black bars showing. My thing is photography and I want to show people pics that I have taken with my Canon camera on this great screen. I just got a new 5th gen and when I backed up everything the background pic got copied over as well and it didn't fit on the new screen properly. I guess I'll figure something out. Thanks for the help.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Here's the thing. 1136x640 is an odd aspect ratio. It's not quite 16:9. There's no way the pic you are resizing in photoshop is in the same aspect ratio. So unless you disable 'constrain proportions' like the guy above me suggested, photoshop wouldn't let you resize to those dimensions.

BradOntCa

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
Canada
Here's the thing. 1136x640 is an odd aspect ratio. It's not quite 16:9. There's no way the pic you are resizing in photoshop is in the same aspect ratio. So unless you disable 'constrain proportions' like the guy above me suggested, photoshop wouldn't let you resize to those dimensions.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.