Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:58 PM   #26
Beezzy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieDurden View Post
Sprint is actually really good in a lot of areas.
Their 3G is horrible. Its pointless if you can't use their LTE network, which you can't on a 4S and on Virgin. He should stick with At&t if he wants a 4S. Should just upgrade to a 5 IMO.
Beezzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:05 PM   #27
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtron View Post
I see the Best Buy link...so if I cancelled my AT&T contract and paid the ETF, then they'll unlock the phone and for sure I can use it with Net10 if I buy the BB sim card?
If you use an AT&T Net10 SIM you can use it without unlocking. You will need to update your APN settings for the data connection to your phone by going to www.net10sim.com from the phone.
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:21 PM   #28
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I see the Best Buy link...so if I cancelled my AT&T contract and paid the ETF, then they'll unlock the phone and for sure I can use it with Net10 if I buy the BB sim card?
Don't need to unlock, but I would unlock for added resell value. Since the APN settings are not accessible on the ATT iPhone unles you use a t-mobile or foreign SIM card. I posted a link to where you can direct your phone to install the APN settings for Net 10 AT&T and T-Mobile. You will have to do. It on wifi.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:00 AM   #29
7thson
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like you have to buy your phone from PP--is that right? Phone selection not too good--if possible, I'd prefer an iPhone, although wouldn't rule out an Android. https://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onl...re/Phones.aspx
I forgot to say it, but you have to bring your own Verizon iPhone. Which pretty much means buying used, so that may or may not be your cup of tea. Android is an option. Some flash, some don't. I think the SG3 does, but the Nexus doesn't. You have to check with the dealer. Similar to unlocks, the flash can be done over the phone. Knowing all your options helps you make a more informed choice.
7thson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:49 AM   #30
wordoflife
macrumors 604

You need to try Sprint/Virgin yourself before you decide against it. Go to one of their stores and test.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:38 AM   #31
CEmajr
macrumors 68020

You have several options of where to take your iPhone. Refer to this thread
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1356525

Also I wouldn't be too concerned with AT&T unlocking my iPhone as you can get it unlocked for just $2 online.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:55 AM   #32
ValerieDurden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezzy View Post
Their 3G is horrible. Its pointless if you can't use their LTE network, which you can't on a 4S and on Virgin. He should stick with At&t if he wants a 4S. Should just upgrade to a 5 IMO.
For you maybe, works great for me.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
at&t, etf, iphone, number porting, virgin