Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
Just re-read one of the last "official" tidbits from Apple.

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/1...c-pro-and-imac-designs-likely-coming-in-2013/

Going by that, it seems as the MacPro should be the next Mac released. Meaning it should debut before any further MacBook, iMac or Mini updates.
Since the Macbooks were last updated in June, it would be safe to say the MacPro should be out before they are refreshed, probably in June again, coinciding with them at the very least.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16957575/

"Don't worry as we're working on something..."

OMG, he didn't just do that... He did. He just did that... :eek:

Every time "the public" has been lied to or prepared for pending disasters in the past umpteen years the sentence has always started off with the past-perfect preposition "don't worry, ....".

"Don't worry, there will be no new taxes..."

"Don't worry, FEMA is here to "help" the evacuation..."

So armed with this axiom perhaps yall can imagine the trepidation I'm experiencing now having just read that here, from Apple, about my favorite machine?

But don't worry, this isn't a short overly pessimistic mini-rant about something as mundane as the specifications for a workstation computer, planted in order to heighten awareness, emotion, and generate commercial interest.

Don't worry, it's nothing like that. :D

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
If this is everything I want it to be, will get myself one. Hope they'll still have the current 15% university discount on them! I don't get no discount on other computers with xeons. Plus I get windows 7 and 8 free!

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Anyone still have any hope for a March release?

Given the growing set of externally imposed deadlines and new GPU products appearing, yeah it is at least a coin flip.

EU Ban..... anyone with common sense at Apple would want to have a new Mac Pro out before that deadline hit.

Intel announced end of retail life for Xeon 3500 3600 series. Well gee that is going to make it pretty tough to sell those boxes as "new". Hell, going to be harder to support those boxes after 2014 when can't even buy them in tray quantities anymore.

New Sapphire product. Could be a finder in the dike product. Or could be that Nvidia got the default GPU card for new Mac Pro and AMD wants to get in the game for new Mac Pros. Although they can probably sell a decent number to folks trying to get more lifetime if Apple going to leave folks adrift at sea for another 6 months.

"Out by end of 2012" K5000 for Mac product's drivers finally arriving. Again "finger in dike" product or targeting something new?

January 8 2008 and March 3, 2009 anniversary dates for Mac Pro. A chunk of machines due for retirement at many locations.

There is something happening. Either it is the iceberg coming Apple can't see somehow or they are actually to change course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.