Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 31, 2012, 01:42 AM   #1
intoxicated662
macrumors regular

Exclamation Need help with iPhone 4S 5.1.1 FaceTime Fix

I need help with getting FaceTime to work on my iPhone 4s 5.1.1

I have searched several pages of google and tried just about everything i've come across and nothing fixes it. I have a Pay as you GO AT&T micro sim (official) that activates FaceTime and iMessage. However, I want to use the phone Unlocked with what I currently have which is Simple Mobile. Once I switch out the sim cards, FaceTime goes back to "waiting for activation". It also has the at&t phone number greyed out, even though I have the Simple Mobile sim card inserted. Is there a fix for this? Any help is appreciated.
intoxicated662 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 08:03 AM   #2
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
I need help with getting FaceTime to work on my iPhone 4s 5.1.1

I have searched several pages of google and tried just about everything i've come across and nothing fixes it. I have a Pay as you GO AT&T micro sim (official) that activates FaceTime and iMessage. However, I want to use the phone Unlocked with what I currently have which is Simple Mobile. Once I switch out the sim cards, FaceTime goes back to "waiting for activation". It also has the at&t phone number greyed out, even though I have the Simple Mobile sim card inserted. Is there a fix for this? Any help is appreciated.
FaceTime and iMessage must get activated for the use of your cellular phone number by sending out an activation code which un-official carriers see as an International SMS, therefore these services don't get activated on your cellular phone number when using an un-official carrier. You can use them with your email address however.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 06:37 PM   #3
intoxicated662
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
FaceTime and iMessage must get activated for the use of your cellular phone number by sending out an activation code which un-official carriers see as an International SMS, therefore these services don't get activated on your cellular phone number when using an un-official carrier. You can use them with your email address however.
So in other words, there is currently no fix for this and only hope that in the future someone will figure out a fix for it? I had an iPhone 4 32gb that I activated with an official at&t sim and later FaceTime still worked on it with a simple mobile sim card.

I guess we're out of luck until the i4MMS fix comes for the iPhone 4s.
intoxicated662 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks