Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Uplift
macrumors regular

Email clients

I'm looking into new email clients, i was previously limited to Exchange and the only option here on mac is Outlook or Mail.app.

Both worked well but i noticed there are more actively developed apps that deliver things like Dropbox support... now i can use IMAP i'm looking for something else.

I'm aware of 2:

Sparrow

Postbox

both have : Dropbox integration, full gmail integration, social integration

Has anyone had any experience with either client? or can recommend anything else?
Uplift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:47 AM   #2
jojoba
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplift View Post
I'm looking into new email clients, i was previously limited to Exchange and the only option here on mac is Outlook or Mail.app.

Both worked well but i noticed there are more actively developed apps that deliver things like Dropbox support... now i can use IMAP i'm looking for something else.

I'm aware of 2:

Sparrow

Postbox

both have : Dropbox integration, full gmail integration, social integration

Has anyone had any experience with either client? or can recommend anything else?
I've used both and like both. I recently switched from Sparrow to Postbox, partially because they announced that Sparrow (as well as Thunderbird) would no longer be supported. I realise both will probably exist and work for a long while, but I was also curious about PostBox so decided to try it out. So far, I really like it, especially the Evernote integration - it's really easy to create EN notes out of emails, easier than with Sparrow. I also think Thunderbird is a good alternative, if you're fine with community rather than official support, but from what I can remember they don't have Evernote integration and I'm not sure about DropBox.

Also, check out this thread here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1354192

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store