Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
I recently got a 5.1 2.8 mac pro from a friend who had it configured with a 1tb for osx and a 500gb configured purely for windows 7 in bootcamp..but now i dont like that it says his name all over ML in the menus and his home folder. My question is can i install a fresh copy of ML configured to me and still have the 500gb be a bootable windows 7 bootcamp drive? is there something tied to that copy of ML when bootcamp was installed having to be present to be able to boot into Windows 7?

dan1eln1el5en

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
the Bootcamp drive should be a seperate partition, so when you start the fresh install just make sure it installs on the correct partition, without wiping the Windows drive.

or just clean up the mac, change admin user delete the previous user, would take about same time as a fresh install. and no need to reinstall all software and such afterwards

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
Yeah. If nothing else is wrong create a new user and change the computer name and/or hostname in the Sharing prefs pane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.