Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 28, 2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Washac
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Router Disconnects

I have a Netgear DGN2200v3 and of late it has starting initiating disconnects out to line then reconnects.

What would cause it to do this, Or is it just a rubbish router ?
__________________
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 6 GB RAM 24inch ACD Mavericks 10.9.5/XFX Radeon HD 6870, HD-687A-ZDFC-20inch Alu iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2013, 03:31 AM   #2
inscrewtable
macrumors 6502a
 
inscrewtable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washac View Post
I have a Netgear DGN2200v3 and of late it has starting initiating disconnects out to line then reconnects.

What would cause it to do this, Or is it just a rubbish router ?
is it connected to wi fi?
__________________
2013 2.7GHz rMBP
iPod Touch 5th Gen,
inscrewtable is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2013, 04:25 AM   #3
Washac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by inscrewtable View Post
is it connected to wi fi?
It disconnects out to line.
__________________
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 6 GB RAM 24inch ACD Mavericks 10.9.5/XFX Radeon HD 6870, HD-687A-ZDFC-20inch Alu iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Washac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
So I assume nobody can assist with this problem.

I had two disconnects last which my ISP say were initiated by the router and show as "User-Request".

Any assistance would be good.
__________________
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 6 GB RAM 24inch ACD Mavericks 10.9.5/XFX Radeon HD 6870, HD-687A-ZDFC-20inch Alu iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 06:39 PM   #5
tibas92013
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Costa Rica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washac View Post
So I assume nobody can assist with this problem.

I had two disconnects last which my ISP say were initiated by the router and show as "User-Request".

Any assistance would be good.
I recently had the same problem setting-up my Refurbished Apple Express. So, I called AppleCare who recommended that I hit the Reset Button and Reconfigure the AE. The Applecare Worker walked-me through the entire reconfiguration(about 45 minutes) and it is now working like a charm.
tibas92013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 05:53 AM   #6
Washac
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibas92013 View Post
I recently had the same problem setting-up my Refurbished Apple Express. So, I called AppleCare who recommended that I hit the Reset Button and Reconfigure the AE. The Applecare Worker walked-me through the entire reconfiguration(about 45 minutes) and it is now working like a charm.
That was going to be my next move, at the moment I have placed it on its Vertical mount and fingers crossed yesterday I never got a discon. I did that because I read that some routers when used there horizontal position can overheat and cause things like these discons.
__________________
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 6 GB RAM 24inch ACD Mavericks 10.9.5/XFX Radeon HD 6870, HD-687A-ZDFC-20inch Alu iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wifi disconnects when locked Maziar iOS 6 41 Apr 30, 2014 11:14 AM
Wifi disconnects constantly louiselbest MacBook 8 Dec 11, 2013 09:05 PM
Disconnects tapaine MacBook 1 Sep 7, 2013 11:48 PM
My iphone 4s disconnects from wifi Kiddtubbz iPhone 7 Jan 6, 2013 04:01 AM
Frequent disconnects in Messages? odinsride OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 7 Jul 26, 2012 09:22 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC