Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tea-Aholic

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
As I've said before, Apple only included the 3GS for iOS 6 because of Maps. The more people using Maps, the more data they are able to collect to improve upon it. With so many people still using the 3GS when iOS 6 rolled out (and I'm still sure there are still many), Apple decided it was beneficial for them to have a larger source of crowd data for maps.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
As I've said before, Apple only included the 3GS for iOS 6 because of Maps. The more people using Maps, the more data they are able to collect to improve upon it. With so many people still using the 3GS when iOS 6 rolled out (and I'm still sure there are still many), Apple decided it was beneficial for them to have a larger source of crowd data for maps.

The 3GS got iOS 6 more likely because Apple was still selling it last year. The iPhone lineup last year was the 3GS, 4 and 4S.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I think it will, however, it wouldn't surprise me if there were some features that won't be available on the 4. Sort of like how Siri was done.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Definitely. If iPhone 3G was able to get iOS 6, there's no doubt in my mind that iPhone 4 will be able to support iOS 7 -- there's a still a pretty significant amount of people who are using the iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.