Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 5, 2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Nsomnia34
macrumors regular

Whats the easiest way to change icons???

Ok, Im still sorta new to this. I know how to change icons but it seems like when I do I still have some of the icons from a different theme. For example Ive been going back and forth from ZUI, Pages and Jaku. After I change themes in Winterboard my icons dont match. Im in the process now of restoring my phone and starting over again. If I want to switch between icon themes, whats the best and easiest way? If I take out the icons from a theme, what folder and what needs to be in it to switch? I have been going in to var/stash/app and changing different icons. I dont know if thats where I messed up at. I thought I could just pull the icon folder from theme and check it in winterboard. PLEASE help so I dont have to restore my phone anymore. TIA!!!!!!!!
Nsomnia34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 03:31 AM   #2
rayfaris
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomnia34 View Post
Ok, Im still sorta new to this. I know how to change icons but it seems like when I do I still have some of the icons from a different theme. For example Ive been going back and forth from ZUI, Pages and Jaku. After I change themes in Winterboard my icons dont match. Im in the process now of restoring my phone and starting over again. If I want to switch between icon themes, whats the best and easiest way? If I take out the icons from a theme, what folder and what needs to be in it to switch? I have been going in to var/stash/app and changing different icons. I dont know if thats where I messed up at. I thought I could just pull the icon folder from theme and check it in winterboard. PLEASE help so I dont have to restore my phone anymore. TIA!!!!!!!!
Hey, you can just install ThemeIconMaker from BigBoss repo. Just choose whichever theme icons you want to use.
rayfaris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 08:11 AM   #3
Nsomnia34
macrumors regular

Thanks I will give that a try. This iPhone drone sucks!!! Its only been since last night but I miss my Jb phone already.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4
ZCherub
macrumors 6502a

Use iFile and check that the icons are named correctly. This happened to me, and it was caused by a theme not having the correct name for an icon by default. Just edit the name in iFile.

If you let us know what icons are giving your trouble, we can get you the correct file name that you need to change it to.

iP4S (16GB) | 5.1.1 stock firmware
ZCherub is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Nsomnia34
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherub View Post
Use iFile and check that the icons are named correctly. This happened to me, and it was caused by a theme not having the correct name for an icon by default. Just edit the name in iFile.

If you let us know what icons are giving your trouble, we can get you the correct file name that you need to change it to.
I was using ifunbox changing the names of the icons. Ok, I was using a base theme and using a widget. I was using the Pages theme but trying to use Zui icons. If I wanted to do that again, what would I do? I haven't jb'ed my phone again yet, I'm waiting to make sure I do it right this time. TIA

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks