Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:46 PM   #1
briceman
macrumors member

Apple TV 2 keeps crashing...

Usually it's while watching Netflix, but sometimes also iTunes movie rentals, and YouTube. It will just crash, and stop working. The only way to fix it is to do a hard reset by unplugging the power cord and plugging back in. I am thinking of sending it in, because it has gotten worse and worse. Any advice? Thanks.

We have an Apple TV 3, which we don't use as often, but it has never crashed once.
briceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:54 PM   #2
s15119
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by briceman View Post
Usually it's while watching Netflix, but sometimes also iTunes movie rentals, and YouTube. It will just crash, and stop working. The only way to fix it is to do a hard reset by unplugging the power cord and plugging back in. I am thinking of sending it in, because it has gotten worse and worse. Any advice? Thanks.

We have an Apple TV 3, which we don't use as often, but it has never crashed once.
I have never had my 2 to crash. You might want to do a full restore, but if that doesn't work I'd take it to Apple - hopefully it's within warranty.
s15119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:58 PM   #3
briceman
macrumors member

Yes, I will attempt that. I still have two months on my warranty. Thanks.
briceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater