Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:27 AM   #26
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Specs don't really mean a lot, Apples stuff runs faster then what's on paper because everything is optimized and built by them it balances everything so you have speed and great battery life, all my friends droids have really bad battery life and upgrades are sporadic at best for their devices and don't always go to every device. My iphone 4 lasted me 2 years easily without any complaints it was starting to get slow but yeah that's normal, no remorse because I want a device that is balanced well and is reliable and I know will be supported for at least my 2 year contract.
swervinsuburban is offline   1
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:51 AM   #27
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Does it feel like controlled by the Joneses, every few months?
Mrbobb is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:02 AM   #28
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post
Anyone else having a slight case of buyers remorse with the Galaxy S4 just around the corner?
Um, no.
duneriderltr450 is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:27 AM   #29
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Buyers remorse? Nah not any here. I love my iPhone 5. I wouldn't touch an android device with a 10ft pole.
Jordan921 is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:01 AM   #30
lke
macrumors member

I would have remorse if I choose an android phone because very soon I will have a phone full of spyware, virus, malware, and all type of bad things.

Also why I would suddenly trash thousands of dollars invested in years of my loved apps, movies and music that I use in my iphone and all my Apple devices.

There is no better phine out there than the iphone, also there is no better app, music and movies store that the itunes store.
lke is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:54 AM   #31
daneoni
macrumors G4

You sound like a spec-whore.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:55 AM   #32
Nale72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lke View Post
I would have remorse if I choose an android phone because very soon I will have a phone full of spyware, virus, malware, and all type of bad things.
Please, you have never had an Android phone, right?

I myself have had three and in the family we have had another 8 and I have many friends and relatives with Android phones.

I do not know even one single person who have gotten even one single instance of spyware, virus, malware or any other type of bad things (besides the OS itself according to some ) in their Android phone.

I don't know where this myth is coming from but it's not true. Sure, there might be rare ocations with a few, but it's not at all a common thing.
Nale72 is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:16 AM   #33
indiekicks
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbeth View Post
Every day they release better things...
Exactly. Especially nowadays, where something is "old" after six months. If you keep worrying about what's coming out next, you'll never be satisfied... which is exactly they want.
indiekicks is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:24 AM   #34
UmbraDiaboli
macrumors member

I'm OK with the iPhone 5.

What I'm not OK about is Apple's new attitude of reacting to the market instead of leading it.
UmbraDiaboli is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:32 AM   #35
chambone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Octo-core (that's 8 freaking cores Tim)
Sounds like a case of the just-because-we-can syndrome to me. Just like a 5" 1920x1080 full HD and whatnot screen.
chambone is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:35 AM   #36
netdog
macrumors 603

Remorse?

Keep your 8 cores. I really couldn't care less. My phone is fast and light and solid, has a great camera, and runs a great library of apps.

Oh, and I don't have the security worries that Android apps afford.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:04 AM   #37
Vundu
macrumors 6502a

Does not matter if it had 16 cores. The iPhone 5 has more than enough power for what I need.
Vundu is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:25 AM   #38
utahusker
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalobyte View Post
i haven't yet met a grown up that cares a whole lot about what phone anybody uses.
+1
utahusker is offline   1
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:16 AM   #39
IFRIT
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpfiction View Post
The S3 hardy "ripped the 4S a new one". In fact, IMO the S3 is terrible, and doesn't come close to iPhone. It's a total piece of plastic junk.

Octo-cores and it'll still lag.
If you think a SGS3 is a load of junk then you haven't a clue sorry.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan921 View Post
Buyers remorse? Nah not any here. I love my iPhone 5. I wouldn't touch an android device with a 10ft pole.
Then you're very closed minded.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lke View Post

Also why I would suddenly trash thousands of dollars invested in years of my loved apps, movies and music that I use in my iphone and all my Apple devices.

There is no better phine out there than the iphone, also there is no better app, music and movies store that the itunes store.
Paragraph 1: Rubbish
Paragraph 2: Fair Point
Paragraph 3: Most would agree.
IFRIT is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:21 AM   #40
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Seriously? Have you even used Android? Android is many years behind iOS in terms of stability and speed. Bash me all you want, but I used Android for 4 years, rooted with roms every week, overclocked, used ULV kernels, did all the Android stuff - it still couldn't keep up with my typing. The touch screens on most Android phones don't even come close to the touch screen of an iPhone. Those who have used both will know what I'm saying. Battery life? I can do 3 days on a charge with an iPhone.

I love Android and it's customization, ability to root, super customize... but after years and years of wasting my time doing that (ok not a complete waste but I could have been doing better things - ex. I'm married now) I just wanted a phone that worked - that didn't need rooted to get rid of gigabytes of forced adware...

I root for Android advances and hope it continues to get better. But it's still still slower and has inferior hardware (minus the CPU). I continue to help Android users root so they can enjoy their phone more.

I got an iPhone 5 last week after having a 4s for years. I spent hours researching all the latest phones - even used Galaxy S3, etc... iPhone is still better. If I wasn't married, had more free time, I'd have an Android and I'd be rooting my a** off.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFRIT View Post

----------

Paragraph 1: Rubbish
Paragraph 2: Fair Point
Paragraph 3: Most would agree.
The Samsung Galaxy SIII was the closest Android has gotten me to come back from the iPhone worlds. The only minus is the touch screen didn't impress me, along with the plastic, laggy'ness of Android. But it's the closest Android has come. I have a lot of hopes for Android in 2013.

All my co-workers that have the S3 had to .... root to get rid of loads of adware. Still makes me cringe. Adware on a device that I paid for..... no.
BigMcGuire is offline   1
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:22 AM   #41
nefan65
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Anyone else having a slight case of buyers remorse with the Galaxy S4 just around the corner? Octo-core (that's 8 freaking cores Tim)...A new Exynos-branded ARM A15-based SoC... 5-inch full HD 1920x1080 pixel display thatíll pack in a staggering pixel density of 441ppi...removable battery, Google Maps not iLost.

Look, I'm a fanboi...but even I have to admit the obvious; The Galaxy S3 ripped a new ******* in the iPhone 4S and knowing Samsung, it will rip another ******* in the iPhone 5. *Confused*
Nah, but I will have buyers remorse when they release the Galaxy S9; 16 cores, car battery, 20" screen with 10,000PPI that gives you, and anyone within a 6 foot radius brain tumors and cancer. It's going to be AWESOME!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:24 AM   #42
Anotoneher
macrumors member

I won't have buyers remorse for one reason: iOS. It's leaps and bounds better than the Android OS. Aside from that, who really cares about how many cores and ram a phone has? The iphone 5 has more internal power than 99% of users will ever need. The vast majority of people who own a 5 and have buyers remorse because of the S4 are simply trying to keep up with the joneses.
Anotoneher is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:27 AM   #43
IFRIT
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
Seriously? Have you even used Android? Android is many years behind iOS in terms of stability and speed. Bash me all you want, but I used Android for 4 years, rooted with roms every week, overclocked, used ULV kernels, did all the Android stuff - it still couldn't keep up with my typing. The touch screens on most Android phones don't even come close to the touch screen of an iPhone. Those who have used both will know what I'm saying. Battery life? I can do 3 days on a charge with an iPhone.

I love Android and it's customization, ability to root, super customize... but after years and years of wasting my time doing that (ok not a complete waste but I could have been doing better things - ex. I'm married now) I just wanted a phone that worked - that didn't need rooted to get rid of gigabytes of forced adware...

I root for Android advances and hope it continues to get better. But it's still still slower and has inferior hardware (minus the CPU). I continue to help Android users root so they can enjoy their phone more.

I got an iPhone 5 last week after having a 4s for years. I spent hours researching all the latest phones - even used Galaxy S3, etc... iPhone is still better. If I wasn't married, had more free time, I'd have an Android and I'd be rooting my a** off.

----------

The Samsung Galaxy SIII was the closest Android has gotten me to come back from the iPhone worlds. The only minus is the touch screen didn't impress me, along with the plastic, laggy'ness of Android. But it's the closest Android has come. I have a lot of hopes for Android in 2013.

All my co-workers that have the S3 had to .... root to get rid of loads of adware. Still makes me cringe. Adware on a device that I paid for..... no.
Have you even used a device with JB installed? I would guess not. And thge stability thing is a pretty useless thing to bring up if you're using a tweaked custom ROM which is always going to less stable then a stock firmware. And even on stock firmware i would say it was even stevens on app stability it doe'snt help that when an app crashes in iOS it just dispears from the screen without any sort of notification but on Android there is a pop up box saying there was FC which autimatically draws attention to a crash.
IFRIT is offline   1
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:47 AM   #44
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Have you even used a device with JB installed? I would guess not. And thge stability thing is a pretty useless thing to bring up if you're using a tweaked custom ROM which is always going to less stable then a stock firmware. And even on stock firmware i would say it was even stevens on app stability it doe'snt help that when an app crashes in iOS it just dispears from the screen without any sort of notification but on Android there is a pop up box saying there was FC which autimatically draws attention to a crash.
You got a point, I haven't used JB. I left Android when ICS came out. Tho my coworkers (both have S3s) love to push JB in my face pretty much every day. lol. I still see apps crashing - but it could be their faults. But you have a point. I haven't spent a lot of time with JB. I always preferred the ASOP roms to the feature loaded crashy roms.
BigMcGuire is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:09 AM   #45
IFRIT
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
You got a point, I haven't used JB. I left Android when ICS came out. Tho my coworkers (both have S3s) love to push JB in my face pretty much every day. lol. I still see apps crashing - but it could be their faults. But you have a point. I haven't spent a lot of time with JB. I always preferred the ASOP roms to the feature loaded crashy roms.
I honestly very rarely saw FC on my OneX and hav'nt seen one in the 2 weeks i've had my Note2 but i do run a stock firmware with just root. ASOP is never going to be ultra stable as the developers hardly ever get access to the source code for the drivers so there is a alot of best guess and trial and error involved i'd imagine.
IFRIT is offline   1
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:40 AM   #46
raf66
macrumors regular

No buyer's remorse here. I'm completely satisfied with my iP5. It was delivered to me on launch day in perfect condition and does everything I ask of it and more. I came to the iP5 as a former Droid owner and couldn't be happier. Do I assume EVERYONE prefers the iP5 (and iOS) over Droid/Windows phones? Nope. To each his own. That's what's great about mobile phone technology nowadays - there's something out there for everyone.

Buyer's remorse for a cell phone purchase? Come on. Save that emotion for the really important decisions in life.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:49 AM   #47
sulpfiction
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Sorry, it's total bloated junk if u ask me. But hey, that's why they make chocolate ice cream.
sulpfiction is offline   2
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:33 PM   #48
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

Who cares what people think of your phone? You really THAT worried? Do you drive a car based on what your friends think also?
It's a phone.
I have a slight buyers remorse just because I have a perfectly working iPhone 4 in my desk. If it wasn't for a Best Buy gift card, I would still have my iP4.
Primejimbo is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:34 PM   #49
jrasero
macrumors member

Quote:
Anyone else having a slight case of buyers remorse with the Galaxy S4 just around the corner? Octo-core (that's 8 freaking cores Tim)...A new Exynos-branded ARM A15-based SoC... 5-inch full HD 1920x1080 pixel display thatíll pack in a staggering pixel density of 441ppi...removable battery, Google Maps not iLost.

Look, I'm a fanboi...but even I have to admit the obvious; The Galaxy S3 ripped a new ******* in the iPhone 4S and knowing Samsung, it will rip another ******* in the iPhone 5. *Confused*
Listen I fell for the spec game with Android with the Galaxy Nexus, which was a very good phone but not iPhone good. In the end I have switched back to iOS with my iPhone 5.

A course the S4 is going to have some crazy stuff. Who wouldn't want a 1080P, ocho core, 13 mega pixel, beast? But a couple things keep me calm and cool and sticking with iOS

I don't think the S4 will be released until May like the S3

13 mega pixels sounds great but I'll wait to see if Samsung improves their sensors. Remember the Galaxy 3 has 8 megapixels like the iPhone 5 but the iPhone 5 takes better pictures.

The 4" iPhone screen is small compared to a 5" screen but coming from a Galaxy Nexus it's not that bad. I find 5" to be doable but hard at times to maneuver.

Also don't forget Apple has a 5S in the books. What is will actually include who knows. At the rate Android is going with screen resolution maybe Apple ups the resolution but the iPhone 5 has 326PPI and the Droid DNA 1080P has 440PPI. 440 is better than 326 but can you even notice the difference with a naked eye?

Additionally if you love Apple your probably invested in iTunes content and apps. Personally Apple has better apps and gets the sooner. A course Android has great specs but what the use if you can't run the latest app since Android is yet to release it

Specs are great but Android is un efficient. My Galaxy Nexus had a 1.2GHZ dual core processor and an extended battery 2100mah. It was sluggish at times and got maybe 6 hours usage and standby combined. The iPhone 5 has a dual core 1 GHZ processor and 1400mah battery. The iPhone has never froze or stuttered and lasts for 1.5 days on LTE.

either way I knew this was going to happen and that's why I bought my iPhone in full so I could save my upgrade for the 5S or Galaxy 4 if something really blew me away

but for now rest easy. You have the best phone on the market.
jrasero is offline   0
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:36 PM   #50
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primejimbo View Post
Who cares what people think of your phone? You really THAT worried? Do you drive a car based on what your friends think also?
It's a phone.
I have a slight buyers remorse just because I have a perfectly working iPhone 4 in my desk. If it wasn't for a Best Buy gift card, I would still have my iP4.
Ditto to first part. Same here at second part. I'd still have my insane 4S that lasted 3+ days on a charge if it wasn't for me dropping it on cement. <cries>
BigMcGuire is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland