Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:54 PM   #1
bhigh8
macrumors 6502

did restore and it added wrong apps.

how come when i did a restore for my wifes phone, it added some of her apps and some of mine. we each have a seperate itunes account. i did a backup and then update to 6.0.1 and then out of the backup, her phone is a mess now

any ideas?
bhigh8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:17 PM   #2
bhigh8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigh8 View Post
how come when i did a restore for my wifes phone, it added some of her apps and some of mine. we each have a seperate itunes account. i did a backup and then update to 6.0.1 and then out of the backup, her phone is a mess now

any ideas?
now i put all of her apps on and her "other" went up to 2gb on an 8gb phone. so if i do another restore it will put wrong apps on it again. this is all after having to that this phone out of recovery mode. what a mess.

someone help please.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:21 PM   #3
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
now i put all of her apps on and her "other" went up to 2gb on an 8gb phone. so if i do another restore it will put wrong apps on it again. this is all after having to that this phone out of recovery mode. what a mess.

someone help please.
how old is the phone. apple has 1 yr phone assistance
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:25 PM   #4
bhigh8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
how old is the phone. apple has 1 yr phone assistance
about 8 months old. they told me they only have 90 day phone assistence. he did however get the phone out of recovery mode for me. i was able to do the backup but why would it install some of my apps and some of my wifes?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:00 PM   #5
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
about 8 months old. they told me they only have 90 day phone assistence. he did however get the phone out of recovery mode for me. i was able to do the backup but why would it install some of my apps and some of my wifes?
oh crap, my mistake, i thought phone assistance was a year too...(it should be a year for how pricey these phones are)

no idea. i'm not good with multiple itunes accounts. i hope you figure it out though, it sounds annoying. best of luck and happy new year.

maybe just fix the settings (to what you want on your phone) and do a fresh sync.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:40 AM   #6
MsvSpaz
macrumors newbie

Do you have the 'automatically sync new apps' box ticked on the phones apps page in iTunes? I had the same problem at one stage and the issue was that all the new apps that had been transferred to iTunes from the phone, or synced via iCloud, would be automatically loaded onto the device when restoring regardless of which device they were purchased with.
MsvSpaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:32 PM   #7
bhigh8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsvSpaz View Post
Do you have the 'automatically sync new apps' box ticked on the phones apps page in iTunes? I had the same problem at one stage and the issue was that all the new apps that had been transferred to iTunes from the phone, or synced via iCloud, would be automatically loaded onto the device when restoring regardless of which device they were purchased with.
that could be why she had some of my apps but why would it miss about 18 of her apps. she had to go back and try to remember what she had.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:04 AM   #8
MsvSpaz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
that could be why she had some of my apps but why would it miss about 18 of her apps. she had to go back and try to remember what she had.
Did you 'transfer purchases' before you restored her phone?

Sorry to drag up a one month old thread, but just realised I had not answered.
MsvSpaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone