Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1
BroProWebs
macrumors newbie

Quicktime won't Record Line-in Audio

Hello,

I recently purchased a mid 2012 Macbook Pro 15 inch and I have the program quicktime installed.

With quicktime I am able to record my screen and record my own voice. These features work perfectly fine. However, when I try to Record "Line in" (Audio inside my computer, not my voice.) It wont record anything.

Hope you can help!

Thank you ,
Erik
BroProWebs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroProWebs View Post
... However, when I try to Record "Line in" (Audio inside my computer, not my voice.) It wont record anything.
"Line in" refers to the "Line In" jack and not audio from applications running on your Mac.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 01:14 PM   #3
BroProWebs
macrumors newbie

I understand but i have used this feature to make audio recordings of inside sounds of my macbook. It is actually called "Built-In Input: Line In".
BroProWebs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:57 PM   #4
pdjudd
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroProWebs View Post
I understand but i have used this feature to make audio recordings of inside sounds of my macbook. It is actually called "Built-In Input: Line In".
You weren't using the line in thats always a physical input. You could have been using the internal mic.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store