Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1
cali shot doc
macrumors member

Newbie on iTunes Match

I have alot of music that I ripped from cd's years ago and they are all at 160kbps mp3. I'm going to be getting a new iMac and figured as i transfered my music I want the better quality. Instead of re-ripping the cd's can I use iTunes Match and download from iCloud the "matched" songs for the higher quality? I'm not all that interested in the streaming feature at this point. Next question is will I have to stay subscribed to the surface to keep what I have downloaded?
cali shot doc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:57 PM   #2
DarrenUK
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali shot doc View Post
I have alot of music that I ripped from cd's years ago and they are all at 160kbps mp3. I'm going to be getting a new iMac and figured as i transfered my music I want the better quality. Instead of re-ripping the cd's can I use iTunes Match and download from iCloud the "matched" songs for the higher quality? I'm not all that interested in the streaming feature at this point. Next question is will I have to stay subscribed to the surface to keep what I have downloaded?
Yes once matched you can download the higher quality tracks/albums to your computer.

No you do not have to subscribe for a second year, once those tracks/albums are downloaded to your computer at higher quality they are yours forever.
DarrenUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:00 PM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali shot doc View Post
I just went through the same thing. iTunes matched about 95% of my songs. So you may still have to re-rip some of them. If you download the matched version then yes you will be able to keep them after your subscription ends.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store