Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zach3294

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Here are two screen shots of different days of using my iPhone 5. I don't understand what is going on?? I have to carry my charger around with me wherever I go because the battery goes dead so fast some days. I have done all the normal "battery saving techniques" and my brightness is always in the middle. Can someone suggest something to help me, or should I bring my phone to an apple store and have it checked out?

Attachments

• IMG_1983.PNG
    IMG_1983.PNG
    107.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1972.PNG
    IMG_1972.PNG
    146 KB · Views: 167

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
was one of these screenshots while you were still on 6.1.2 and the other on 6.1.3?

if not, it all depends on use. 1 hr 45 mins of texting does not equal 1 hr 45 mins of youtube streaming. two totally different kinds of use, that use two totally different amounts of battery life.

zach3294

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
No, both screenshots were on 6.1.3

Also, I understand what you're saying about the usage differences but, the type of usage shouldn't have differed to that much of an extent, not 30% at least. I recall what I used my phone for each of these days, and there wasn't a substantial amount of time devoted to streaming more than the other

EZB

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2013
No, both screenshots were on 6.1.3

Also, I understand what you're saying about the usage differences but, the type of usage shouldn't have differed to that much of an extent, not 30% at least. I recall what I used my phone for each of these days, and there wasn't a substantial amount of time devoted to streaming more than the other

How is the signal? If the signal comes in and out a lot, the battery will drain FAST.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Do you use spotify? That app murders the iPhone 5 battery. I unsubscribed from the paid service and deleted the app due to the drain. It's a common problem.

If you don't use that app, I would restore as new and just load up the apps you need daily. Add one per day after that and see how it goes.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Do you use spotify? That app murders the iPhone 5 battery. I unsubscribed from the paid service and deleted the app due to the drain. It's a common problem.

If you don't use that app, I would restore as new and just load up the apps you need daily. Add one per day after that and see how it goes.

I don't have spotify but streaming radio of any kind kills my battery. Tunein radio does the same to me-too bad as it's a great app. Then again I have an external battery (Just Mobile Gum) and at work it's no problem to plug in-but for sure the default music app sips very little battery power in comparison.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I, too, am experiencing short battery life. The reason the time on standby is high is because it charged overnight and obviously reached 100% before morning. It's not a short as the OP's, but much less than the 9 or 10 hours I used to get.

All I did today was a bit of 3G browsing for 30 mins, watched 15 mins of video on 50% brightness and played about 20 mins of Fish Out Of Water and Stick Golf.

Seems to be unusually low?

Attachments

• 2013-04-24 16.30.23.png
    2013-04-24 16.30.23.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 140

dw3bb10

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
Trust me, its the software. Ive had battery drain since 6.1.2, but its gotten worse with 6.1.3. Way back when, I would get 7-8 hours of usage from my iPhone. My usage patters havent changed at all, and I only get 3-4 hours now. Hopefully 6.1.4 comes, and FAST!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.