Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I noticed that i have 2 different folders, one higher up and a another folder within it for my itunes, and wonder if I need both folders.

I have attached a screen shot, for all to see what I mean, which folder and contents is important? in itunes, I have keep albums organized, so it makes a copy of the albums in folders.

the top Sossitys itunes library has all my albums copied in the music folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 4.22.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-20 at 4.22.42 AM.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 481

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
It is not normal. You have two libraries nested within each other.

First step is to go into iTunes > Preferences > Advanced... and determine which of those two media locations is being used.

It looks like you actual library is down at the nested level. I am not sure of the ramifications of moving that up a level like it should be.

/Jim

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I think itunes is using the upper level, as the music folder in the upper level has the copies of all my albums, this is right because in itunes preferences I have make a copy checked for keeping everything organized.

when I clicked on the small itunes icons in the inner nested folder, it opens up to my itunes library.

so I should try placing everything all in the upper top nested folder? I notice I have 2 music folders, but I think itunes is using the upper music folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.