Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
I don't know why I'm finding very little on this. I've got 5 ipads in the house and would like to be able to stack them or store them in a space saving way and also charge them. I don't want to buy something that has built in charging as I have that covered. I was thinking like a small mailbox organizer or something or a thick envelope rack. They are in Otterbox cases.

Anyone have any ideas?

batotman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
I've been looking at those as well. I tried one that was too flimsy for the weight of the otterboxes last night.

qCzar

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
SFBA, CA

He already has cases and a method to charge it. He just needs a way to store it.

To the OP, I don't think you'll find anything. As everything out there offers a way to charge them as well. I have an idea but it may be a little cumbersome and big. Buy a 5 drawer cabinet out of plastic and drill a hole in the back for the USB cables. Each iPad will have its own drawer that you could even put in accessories (given that each iPad is for a different member of the household.)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Why do you have 5 iPads?

Is it so hard to imagine having 5? A family of 5, each with their own iPads, for example. Me and my partner have 4, because we each have an iPad 3, but we are both holding on to a previous model as a spare. Lots of ways people can end up with 5!

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
Is it so hard to imagine having 5? A family of 5, each with their own iPads, for example. Me and my partner have 4, because we each have an iPad 3, but we are both holding on to a previous model as a spare. Lots of ways people can end up with 5!

I sold my old one *shrug* iPads are too pricey to hoard

batotman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Why do you have 5 iPads?

I have a 3. Wife has a 2. 9 year old has a 2. Gave my 2 iPad 1's to the younger kids. It was worth keeping my old ones rather than listen to them fight over one all summer...lol.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Perhaps something like this?

s0238576_sc7

Just put it somewhere near an outlet and you should be good to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.