Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Tute
macrumors newbie

Buying mac book air online

I'm travelling next month to nyc and i want to buy a Mac book air and send it to the hotel where i'm going to stay...
I just want to know if after a purchase at Apple's online store they send you the invoice by email and this includes the serial number on it
Is not that i dont trust in hotel's employee but i want to make sure that thats mine....
Thnks in advance!
Tute is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tute View Post
I'm travelling next month to nyc and i want to buy a Mac book air and send it to the hotel where i'm going to stay...
I just want to know if after a purchase at Apple's online store they send you the invoice by email and this includes the serial number on it
Is not that i dont trust in hotel's employee but i want to make sure that thats mine....
Thnks in advance!
If I recall correctly, the email shows the model number, not the serial number.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Thnks in advance!
The serial number is not in the email, but once it ships you can login to the Apple Store and click "print invoice" for your Macbook and on that invoice it will show the serial number.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Tute
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
The serial number is not in the email, but once it ships you can login to the Apple Store and click "print invoice" for your Macbook and on that invoice it will show the serial number.
Thanks!!

I also read that I must buy with mi appleID not as guess, so I can print the invoce...
Tute is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Thanks!!

I also read that I must buy with mi appleID not as guess, so I can print the invoce...
Yes... you will want to create a store account, but it does not necessarily have the be the same as your AppleID if you don't want it to be. Although that would make one less thing to remmember.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:02 PM   #6
javisan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Thnks in advance!
Just to be safe, you can buy from the Apple online store and ship to a store. You can even schedule the pickup. This applies to many of the BTO products as well.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Tute
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
Yes... you will want to create a store account, but it does not necessarily have the be the same as your AppleID if you don't want it to be. Although that would make one less thing to remmember.
Thanks again! You've been very helpfull!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by javisan View Post
Just to be safe, you can buy from the Apple online store and ship to a store. You can even schedule the pickup. This applies to many of the BTO products as well.
I've choose pick up option but i have to wait til 14 november for pick up with my configuration...
Tute is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice