Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:43 PM   #26
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

The iPad Mini is Apple's buttaface.
Fine. Well have to just agree to disagree.
AdonisSMU is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:45 PM   #27
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamornte View Post
Everyone here is brainwashed
How would you know? You're brainwashed, as you just said. Everything you say has a high chance of being false.

----------

Quote:
I don't remember anyone saying 512mb of RAM was not enough when the first TI PowerBook came out.
That's probably because it didn't need anything more than 512MB of RAM for what it did. Speaking of that, is it just me, or is every new Photoshop version slower and heavier than the last without adding enough stuff to justify it? I bought CS6, but I might pirate CS5 or even CS3 and use that instead.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:48 PM   #28
OTACORB
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
I just came from the bar and people were loving my mini. I said that it doesnt have retina display and they said they didnt care about that. They said the screen looked great to them and they had no use for a too big iPad even if it was a retina display screen.

Sometimes its not about the best specs and its about how the device fits into your life.
THIS ^ All this it's 2 year old display and old chipset. Other than geek freaks most do not give a damn.
iPad rMini 32GB White Wifi
OTACORB is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:50 PM   #29
Deasnutz
macrumors regular

Perhaps the mini fans/owners aren't handling all the disrespect from the forum masses.
Deasnutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:59 PM   #30
DoctorYuyi
macrumors member

Quote:
I don't remember anyone saying 512mb of RAM was not enough when the first TI PowerBook came out.
I like how you completely cut out my supporting point.

Chopping at someone's post just to get a point across only makes you look stupid.
DoctorYuyi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:02 AM   #31
kappaknight
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deasnutz View Post
Perhaps the mini fans/owners aren't handling all the disrespect from the forum masses.
Or they're busy enjoying the device instead of wasting time defending it. Maybe we need to corral more Android fans here to keep the whiners entertained.
kappaknight is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:05 AM   #32
ghsNick
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdahe View Post
I also went to a bar to ask if I should sell my imac to get the new 2012 model.... They all said they don't give damn about it. I came home crying...
Haha I went to the Bar and people wanted my iDevices so I gave it to them.

People at the bar know what's what!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:06 AM   #33
Deasnutz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappaknight View Post
Or they're busy enjoying the device instead of wasting time defending it. Maybe we need to corral more Android fans here to keep the whiners entertained.
Or the simpleminded consumers?
Deasnutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:06 AM   #34
Skika
macrumors 68020

iPad mini? No thank you.

Retina all day erry day.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:07 AM   #35
AzN1337c0d3r
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorYuyi View Post
I don't remember anyone, not a single a person, claiming the iPad 2 had a bad display when it first came out.
That's because good and bad are relative terms. The iPad 2 had relatively equivalent PPIČ in its size class when it was released compared to all other tablets.

The iPad mini on the other hand, is missing about 45% of the PPIČ compared to the Nexus7/Kindle Fire HD, and even more when compared to class leader - the Nook Tablet HD.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:07 AM   #36
Sdahe
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post
Haha I went to the Bar and people wanted my iDevices so I gave it to them.

People at the bar know what's what!
Hahhaahhaha... Yeah, I also went to a bar with my new iphone 5 and two guys stole it from me... I will never go to a bar for advise
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:16 AM   #37
kappaknight
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r View Post
That's because good and bad are relative terms. The iPad 2 had relatively equivalent PPIČ in its size class when it was released compared to all other tablets.

The iPad mini on the other hand, is missing about 45% of the PPIČ compared to the Nexus7/Kindle Fire HD, and even more when compared to class leader - the Nook Tablet HD.
So why don't you just buy those devices and be done with it? If PPI is the only thing that matters, it should be a no brainier decision.
kappaknight is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:20 AM   #38
AzN1337c0d3r
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappaknight View Post
So why don't you just buy those devices and be done with it? If PPI is the only thing that matters, it should be a no brainier decision.
That's what I did, if you bothered to click on my name and check my previous posts.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:40 AM   #39
mac4good84
macrumors member

Saw the mini at the store

Hardware wise it's brilliant. Thin, portable and easy to use. Bad news is once you turn it on....outdated processor with lower resolution....I was back to ipad 2. I can't even believe this has Siri for crying out loud.

Once this goes retina with at least an A6, it will really be the great device it is meant to be.
mac4good84 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:26 AM   #40
syd430

Quote:
I don't remember anyone, not a single a person, claiming the iPad 2 had a bad display when it first came out.
That's because the OS was optimised for the 9.7" screen it was made for. The problem in this case is that Apple decided to shoehorn a version of ios designed for a 9.7" screen into a 7.9" screen with 35% less surface area.

A retina display would have mitigated the text rendering and screen element issues to some extent, but at the heart of the issue is the lack of optimisation of the software to match the hardware.
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:39 AM   #41
emaja
macrumors 68000

For me, the mini is the perfect size for regular use. I can easily "two thumb" type and get around the web just fine. Would it be better with a retina display? Of course, but for what is it now - and what I use it for - it is fine.
emaja is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:53 AM   #42
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
That's because the OS was optimised for the 9.7" screen it was made for. The problem in this case is that Apple decided to shoehorn a version of ios designed for a 9.7" screen into a 7.9" screen with 35% less surface area.

A retina display would have mitigated the text rendering and screen element issues to some extent, but at the heart of the issue is the lack of optimisation of the software to match the hardware.
I do think that Apple shouldve just added the screen size that fits the mini but they were trying to keep it a secret...the problem for me is that i really only notice the not as good display is when im in safari. So maybe they need to fix safari.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac4good84 View Post
Hardware wise it's brilliant. Thin, portable and easy to use. Bad news is once you turn it on....outdated processor with lower resolution....I was back to ipad 2. I can't even believe this has Siri for crying out loud.

Once this goes retina with at least an A6, it will really be the great device it is meant to be.
It has siri with an outdated processor...ummm a5 was on iPhone 4s...and iPad 3... Just saying...and mini outperforms iPad 3 with outdated a5.

Last edited by AdonisSMU; Nov 5, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:54 AM   #43
grease2000
macrumors newbie

Has anyone got there mini yet? Mine should arrive this week
grease2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:03 AM   #44
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdahe View Post
Hahhaahhaha... Yeah, I also went to a bar with my new iphone 5 and two guys stole it from me... I will never go to a bar for advise
Who said anything about going to bars for advice. I was trying to make the point that consumers dont care about specs. They care about what works for them.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r View Post

So what. There are no apps optimized for alternative screen resolutions. All my apps still look good on my mini save for safari.

----------

It just sounds like the people who dont like the mini are trying to convince themselves.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:40 AM   #45
zhenya
macrumors 68020

Quote:
You need to go back and review your history. Shortly after the first ipad was released, we got the retina iPhone 4 and everyone was suddenly made aware how bad the iPads screen was in comparison. When the second gen was released, the forum was filled with almost the exact same threads - people expected a retina screen but the tech was not yet ready. It was the main reason I held off from upgrading my first generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post

On the other hand, if developers have followed the guidelines, their user elements will still fall within the recommended size range. It was this that allowed a few observers to accurately estimate the Mini would have a 7.9" screen well before we had any physical evidence.
zhenya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:47 AM   #46
student_trap
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hebrew View Post
Typing is far too constrained, the display is bad, and so is the processor.

iPad mini is the third in line for best ipad, not first.
For me, typing is better, the display is great, and the processor is great for everything I throw at it.

Also, the battery life is fab, and the size is phenomenal. And it doesn't get hot.

FOR ME
student_trap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:56 AM   #47
iapplelove
Banned

ipad4>ipad3>iPad mini.

From a tech standpoint anyway

I couldn't imagine going any smaller with the iPad don't know why anyone would ??

Isn't that where the phone comes in handy
iapplelove is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:57 AM   #48
zauze
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by student_trap View Post
For me, typing is better, the display is great, and the processor is great for everything I throw at it.

Also, the battery life is fab, and the size is phenomenal. And it doesn't get hot.

FOR ME
Yeah it seemed to take me forever to drain my battery all the way after buying it. It's a real mobile device. My iPad 3 just stays by my couch.
zauze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:36 AM   #49
Trat
macrumors regular

Quote:
Apart from caching extra open tabs in Safari, I fail to see what you are missing 512MB for.
Trat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad