Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:39 PM   #1
mikethebigo
macrumors 65816

Touch Sensitivity

Hey guys,

Have any of you with iPad Minis noticed the touch sensitivity on your iPad is a little less than the iPhone and the MacBook touchpad? I was just noticing I can very lightly brush the screen and it doesn't respond, where with the iPhone 5 it would. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing a similar thing.

They may have decreased the sensitivity to decrease the number of unintentional touches from the side, or the sensor panel may be slightly less sensitive than the in-cell on the iP5..

It is still quite responsive though, compared to most other tablets/touch screens on the market.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:52 PM   #2
mjrkjm
macrumors newbie

yes, just got my ipad mini verizon 4g thursday. friday afternoon i noticed the screen was acting very strange. examples:

- cannot type unlock passcode unless in portrait
- in landscape cannot move icons more than 1 inch
- some touches either didnt respond or resulted in other actions
- home button sometimes launched apps

took it to the apple store and they replaced it ASAP with "extra stock specifically for new issues." they took my old ipad and did not wipe it. i cleared off most any data that was personal.

wasted 3 hours of my time between restoring and going to the apple store though. very upset after several issues with my iphone 5. new ipad mini is working great. hope it stays like this.

using it much more than ipad 1 but apple has made me very leery of new products going forward. ill be looking into android next time any new devices come up although ive had a few and really disliked the experience...
mjrkjm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:54 PM   #3
mikethebigo
macrumors 65816

Has anyone else noticed that touch sensitivity on their iPad Mini is a little lower than that on the iPhone?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Tortri
macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue, even more so with a screen protector on. I'm holding off replacing it to see if its a software fix or if this happens to all iPad minis.
Tortri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:13 PM   #5
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortri View Post
I have the same issue, even more so with a screen protector on. I'm holding off replacing it to see if its a software fix or if this happens to all iPad minis.
How can it be a software fault when all ipad, iphone using the same 6.0.1 and they dont have the issue.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:26 PM   #6
Tortri
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
How can it be a software fault when all ipad, iphone using the same 6.0.1 and they dont have the issue.
I hope they could fix it via software. I'm waiting to see if there is consistency. Small batch, all of them due to new touch technology, possibly software glitch.

I was honestly playing the waiting game until this post asking if anyone else has the same issue bumping the thread wondering if anyone else really does have this issue aside from a small batch of us.
Tortri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:03 PM   #7
mikethebigo
macrumors 65816

I don't even know if I'll call it an issue. It's still quite responsive, just noticeably less so than with the iPhone.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:21 PM   #8
mikethebigo
macrumors 65816

No one else noticing this? I may stop by an apple store just to see if the display units have a similar level of sensitivity.
mikethebigo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:21 PM   #9
KingArthurVI
macrumors regular

I have a retina MBP 15", a 4S, an iPad mini and 4 but except for the macbook because of the aluminum feel, the iDevices' touchscreen all feel the same to me
iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi, 16GB black
KingArthurVI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:38 PM   #10
j.benj
macrumors member

I don't have any touch responsiveness issues on my mini at all. In fact, sometimes I think it might be too sensitive!
j.benj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad