Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greg.

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
London, UK
I think dumb is unfair. Having worked in the industry, it's like journalism in some ways - you don't get anywhere without publishing interesting content that will attract peoples attention. It's amplified for this analyst since he's not at one of the big equity research houses, so he won't have as much access to big clients. He's also covering one of the most written about companies, and so to reach new clients he has to go big and ridiculous. This will be in the hope that investors will notice (some evidence it's working given the publicity his predictions have been given) and he'll hope that maybe one day one of his predictions will be right, which would substantially increase his credibility.

Not sure why this is in the alternatives to iOS forum btw..

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
I think dumb is unfair. Having worked in the industry, it's like journalism in some ways - you don't get anywhere without publishing interesting content that will attract peoples attention. It's amplified for this analyst since he's not at one of the big equity research houses, so he won't have as much access to big clients. He's also covering one of the most written about companies, and so to reach new clients he has to go big and ridiculous. This will be in the hope that investors will notice (some evidence it's working given the publicity his predictions have been given) and he'll hope that maybe one day one of his predictions will be right, which would substantially increase his credibility.

Not sure why this is in the alternatives to iOS forum btw..

I can't think of another job where someone can be wrong so many times and still be employed! I'm in the wrong business! I could pull crap from my ass and pass it off as news with just as much credibility as this ***hat!

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
You predict Apple's moves then. Don't worry, I'll remember I saw it in this thread first.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I can't think of another job where someone can be wrong so many times and still be employed! I'm in the wrong business! I could pull crap from my ass and pass it off as news with just as much credibility as this ***hat!

That would be the weatherman.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.