Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Who thinks we will see a new iPod shuffle. Ideally I would like
-Same price point
-lightning cable
-earpods included
-4gb model

Anyone have some ideas? I am not a fan of the cable used to connect currently. With the newer smaller lightning connector perhaps we will see a lightning shuffle?

funnybanana

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
the biggest improvement for me would be better sweat/moisture protection. ive had 3 die on me already because of this (that southern humidity!). i know its not supposed to be waterproof but after searching around the internet and apple forums it seems a lot of other people have similar problems. its unfortunate because its a great workout device!

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
the biggest improvement for me would be better sweat/moisture protection. ive had 3 die on me already because of this (that southern humidity!). i know its not supposed to be waterproof but after searching around the internet and apple forums it seems a lot of other people have similar problems. its unfortunate because its a great workout device!

I have two older aluminum shuffles and I have been lucky as they both
work and I live in hot and humid Florida. I ride horses but not without
my shuffle...working out at the gym with a spinning bike also.
I find "house" music is the best to workout..music from Kascade, Katy Perry et al

Last edited by a moderator:

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I hate the fact that my current shuffle needs a specific cable to charge. Adding lightning support would make it much better. A slight bump in storage wouldn't hurt either!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Lightning support would be great as it would be one less cable to carry.

The shuffle at the moment is great as it is. I would like to see a 4GB version, but I'm not sure what else you can really do.

Maybe making the clip a little thinner is the only thing I can think of. The battery life is great, the sound quality is perfect for what it is, it's robust, I honestly don't know what they can add!

zedzded

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
Perth, Australia
I run a lot and have been using mp3 players for years. I currently have a 5g, 6g nano and a shuffle. I vary them. I'd like to see a shuffle that is water resistant, with same charging port as Iphone 5 and I know this is going against what the shuffle is about, but I'd like a small screen.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
This is really just a software feature, but I would like the ability to cycle through albums or artists with the VoiceOver feature as you currently can with playlists now, using the volume up and down buttons to toggle between these modes.

A slight bump in storage wouldn't hurt either!

The shuffle at the moment is great as it is. I would like to see a 4GB version, but I'm not sure what else you can really do.
Funny thing is that the third gen iPod shuffle had a 4GB version. For whatever reason (perhaps to increase the value of the nano?) they opted to limit the fourth gen to 2GB.

Last edited:

deaglecat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
A new shuffle seems pretty unlikely given that they have just added Space Grey colour.

Not this year.

racoop

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
I run a lot and have been using mp3 players for years. I currently have a 5g, 6g nano and a shuffle. I vary them. I'd like to see a shuffle that is water resistant, with same charging port as Iphone 5 and I know this is going against what the shuffle is about, but I'd like a small screen.

An iPod shuffle with a screen? Go to eBay and get a 6th gen Nano!

I love my shuffle. Hasn't failed after 4 years of running, mostly in humid coastal Virginia. Maybe it depends where it gets clipped on; waistband for me. Mine is a refurb too ($29), from back when they sold them online at the Apple Store.

But I dont like the new ear pods. They were not designed for my ears, that's for sure. They just fall right out.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
-lightning cable
-4gb model

And support for iPod Car integration. I would love to supplement my car's audio with iPod, preferably without hard disk (ruling out iPod Classic) and for that, I have no need for nano's display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.