Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 4, 2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Sirolway
macrumors 6502

Aperture Import doesn't show iPhone any more

OK I may be missing something here, in the age of Photo Stream, iCloud & all that .... but when I hit Cmd-I in Aperture to import photos, my Mac shows up but not my iPhone. What's going on - how do I import photos from my iPhone these days?

Or is this just yet another Lion / iOS5 bug, sigh!
Sirolway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:43 AM   #2
viiiabyss
macrumors newbie

i noticed the same thing.. while aperture is open and youre in the import dropdown section, try disconnecting your iPhone then re-connecting immediately after. mine popped up after that.
viiiabyss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:30 AM   #3
ejcbelanger
macrumors newbie

Grrrrrrr!!

I have the same problem -- and I've disconnected, reconnected the phone, and it doesn't show up in image capture, so that's no help either....ANy other ideas??
ejcbelanger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:05 PM   #4
echowink
macrumors newbie

Ditto

Hi all,

I have got the same problem. iPhone 4 recognised by Final Cut Pro and iTunes, just not Aperture. I have been importing photos successfully for ages without a hitch, and now... no more :-(

Any ideas folks?

Nick.
echowink is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 01:18 AM   #5
ltmac
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by echowink View Post
Hi all,

I have got the same problem. iPhone 4 recognised by Final Cut Pro and iTunes, just not Aperture. I have been importing photos successfully for ages without a hitch, and now... no more :-(

Any ideas folks?

Nick.
I just had the same issue when switching from iPhoto to Aperture. If you haven't solved your problem try this.

Attach iPhone to your Mac.
In iTunes under Devices, Select the iPhone
Under Photos select "Sync Photos from Aperture."

You should now be able to import photos into Aperture.
ltmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:18 AM   #6
TheSeaduckG4
macrumors newbie

Solution

If you go to image capture while your phone is plugged in and change whichever program that is selected to open and import photos when your phone is attached to Aperture then re launch aperture, that might work.
TheSeaduckG4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store