Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
No. The amount of bandwidth needed to stream that would be beyond most Internet connections.

Also, please try and use a better heading for your thread. "HD Streaming Question" or something such. Thanks.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Funny thing: I always bought the bandwidth issue because it is so often posted as fact. Then I shot some stuff in 1080p60fps and rendered it native (at 60fps) and a 30fps version for :apple:TV3. The actual difference in file sizes tends to be < 10% for most of what I shoot (which is a lot of fast-moving sports).

For example, a couple of hours of basketball at 1080p30fps yields a 9.13GB file. Same file at 1080p60fps is 9.82GB. This is consistent across many shoots (again mostly fast-moving sports).

Bandwidth is about fitting the file through an always-constrained pipe: does the pipe have enough bandwidth for smoothly transferring the file? I now believe that if the pipe has enough for 30fps, it has enough for 60fps. Yes, per the above, there is a price to pay for the extra 30fps BUT it's not a very big price for the added fluidity that comes with that video. If a pipe has enough bandwidth to stream H.264 1080p30fps, it likely has enough to stream 1080p60fps. The difference in file sizes is not nearly what people imagine.

floh

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
It's true that the file sizes aren't different by a factor of two (the keyframes are probably not as many for 60p), and it should be managable. But I don't know of any site that provides it, then again I have never looked for it.

What you can certainly try is creating your own homepage in HTML5 end just embedding the video. That should work, but your webspace provider would have to provide enough bandwidth. It should be possible though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.