Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chad.petree

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Germany
I used to use foobar and monkeymedia in windows, but now that i have mac i'm clueless, i know i can do it with itunes but it's useful just with one or two files but when you want to edit the tags of a whole album is a long process, can you recommend an app? :confused:

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
i know i can do it with itunes but it's useful just with one or two files but when you want to edit the tags of a whole album is a long process
You know you can select all the files in an album and apply tags to all the files in one go? Just click on Get Info, and enter the tags. All the files will be changed at once.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I use "tag stripper" from the App Store (It's a paid app) to clean up my files first. Then as mentioned, iTunes handles the rest.

chad.petree

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Germany
You know you can select all the files in an album and apply tags to all the files in one go? Just click on Get Info, and enter the tags. All the files will be changed at once.

Yes but thats useful when you want to edit the album name for example , but what happens when you want to edit the name of every single track because its called " 01 example" instead of "example" and that its track 1 of 11

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
perhaps an app like "nameChanger" in the finder, to remove the numbers in the name...(ie 01, 02), THEN import into itunes and edit the global info for an album...

just an idea...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I used to use foobar and monkeymedia in windows, but now that i have mac i'm clueless, i know i can do it with itunes but it's useful just with one or two files but when you want to edit the tags of a whole album is a long process, can you recommend an app? :confused:
iTunes allows editing tags on individual tracks or on multiple selected tracks. There is no need for any other app for this. Some "clean up" work in iTunes can be automated by using scripts. Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files.

Here are a few scripts that I've found particularly useful:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.